Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken Plusnet Hub 2 power supply

FIXED
furryconker
Dabbler

Broken Plusnet Hub 2 power supply

Evening,

We are using a Plusnet Hub 2 and have had an accident with it.

To cut a long story short when we moved it to this property I "tided" all the cables up with cable ties. When I decided to have post Xmas tidy during the past week I also decided to move the router and phone. 

"....only a little more cable needed" I though to myself as a gently pulled on the HUB's power cable. Well I lost the argument with the retaining cable tie and now have a power supply cable in 2 pieces.....

Is it possible to obtain/order replacement power supplies for this router or do I have to purchase a brand new one ? I did buy a new router (a TP link one) but the range on that didn't reach the loft where my other half streams a lot of TV whilst doing some crafting. I tried a range extender too for that router which worked....eventually....but the speeds and range just didn't compare to the Hub 2.

Is it possible to get a new one or am I looking at a different new router OR ebay for a second hand one ?

Thanks !

(yes I do feel a little stupid....)

4 REPLIES 4
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Broken Plusnet Hub 2 power supply

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Maybe not, @Gel - I have a suspicion the connection on the Hubs is non-standard.

@furryconker which end of the cable is damaged - power socket to 'brick' or 'brick' to router? Probably doesn't matter, as I don't think you can safely rewire these things anyway.

John
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Fix
@furryconker - I've probably got a spare PSU knocking about somewhere. Drop me a private message with your address and I'll stick it in the post for you.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

furryconker
Dabbler

Message sent and thanks so much for the offer !