cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed drop off

FIXED
Brizzie

Broadband speed drop off

In recent days a slow broadband speed has become even slower. Following a call to Plus Net support I have reset the router and have done a refresh by logging into the PlusNet router. One or both of these actions appear to have made the situation worse - see attached screenshots of the ofcom speed checker and today's screenshot using the Uswitch speed checker.

On sign up in 2012, Plus Net estimated a speed of 4mbs. Way below that now.

Little has changed in the house since 2012 in terms of internet use except I am now working from home, requiring me to download word/excel docs etc - no gaming/video streaming etc.  It is essential I have reliable speed and connection to meet deadlines.

I would be grateful if you would investigate this and improve the speed of the ADSL broadband connection on this account  (see question no 194325424 on 20/9/19)
3 REPLIES 3
LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Re: Broadband speed drop off

Hi @Brizzie,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry that you've been experiencing a deterioration of the broadband speed and appreciate the frustration this is causing you. Please accept my apologies for this.

I could not see any attachments however these are not required as from the sound of it the issue is most likely caused by automatic system adjustments that come in place if there is noise on the line. I could see these adjustment levels were quite high to compensate for the noise, this would lead to a decline in the speed of the service as it is balance between the two.

I have set these adjustments to a lower level so you should see the speed improve over the next 24 hours, however if the issue persists please do come back to us.

Thanks - LF

Brizzie

Thank you so much for the swift reply. Look forward to an improvement in speed over the next few days,

LordFoul
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 32

Fix

Hi @Brizzie, thanks for getting back to me.

Not to worry, I hope that does resolve the issue however do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks - Tahir