cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband drops multiple times throughout the day

Olih21

Broadband drops multiple times throughout the day

Hi all. I'm hoping someone can save me from going insane. My Plusnet broadband has for the last 6 months dropped multiple times a day. Some days it can be in excess of 10 times. The worst part is Im working from home and can be in the middle of a video call and then I'm cut off and it takes over 5 mins for it to get back online. PLEASE HELP!
4 REPLIES 4
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Broadband drops multiple times throughout the day

@Olih21  Welcome to the forums. Plusnet staff support, like the phone service, is still severely restricted. If you would like help from the community, a good starting point is to have a look at THIS  post and supply as much detail from it as possible.

It would also be a good idea to carry out a 'Quiet Line Test' - dial 17070 from a (preferably corded) phone and select option 2 - there should be no discernable noise. If there is, report a phone fault first, as without a clear phone connection, your broadband will not perform correctly.

If you reply to this topic with as much detail as possible, there are plenty of experienced members who can advise on possible remedies.

I'm a little confused as to why you have waited 6 months to report an obvious fault, though.

John
Olih21

Thanks John. I shall do as you recommended.

As for the not reporting for 6 months I have tried every which way to get this sorted and this is my last resort!!

Where I live i am reliant on WiFi for phone signal. As such I cannot be on hold for more than 20 mins without it cutting out!
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

If you have ADSL broadband you will have a land-line. If you connect a telephone to that you can call Plusnet support for free.

You could also do a "quiet line" test to check that there is no noise on the line - that is a common cause of broadband disconnection problems.

WillF
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 22

Hi @Olih21 - I couldn't reach you over the phone unfortunately so I've updated the open fault ticket raised on your account here

The line test is returning a potential external fault that's the cause of this, the Radius graph I've included below should highlight the state of the line at present:

Feel free to get back to me directly if you're having difficulty updating the ticket.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will
 Plusnet Help Team