cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband dropping out and phone crackling

AndyGMB
Grafter

Broadband dropping out and phone crackling

My broadband connection has been dropping out so much yesterday and today that it has been almost impossible to get anything done over the internet and the telephone has been crackling badly.
I've done all the tests with two routers, two telephones and several microfilters in main socket and with cover off into test socket.
The socket was only installed in February and there have been a few sporadic dropouts but nothing as bad as these past two days.

3 REPLIES 3
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Broadband dropping out and phone crackling

Hi @AndyGMB,

I'm sorry that your landline is crackling and that your broadband connection is dropping. Thank you for carrying out the troubleshooting checks on your side.

I can see from your connection log that you've been experiencing frequent drops:

Unfortunately, testing your line hasn't picked up the cause of this from here. Please can you report the fault here and let us know when you've done this. We'll then be able to progress this further for you, which is likely going to involve an engineer visit.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
AndyGMB
Grafter

Would it be possible for you to raise a ticket for me as I don't like to use chat or phone for these problems?
Thanks in advance.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Andy.

The link my colleague has provided will allow you to raise a fault ticket from your side, however on this occasion I've raised a ticket for you to progress the fault which you can view and reply to from here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=190178798
Once you have responded if you nudge us over here we will pick this up as soon as we can.

Thanks.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet