cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband activation delayed

asbs1996

Broadband activation delayed

I placed my order 3 weeks ago for fibre broadband, it was meant to activate in Saturday 8th of September. I planned it so I don't have any days without broadband so I put virgin media cancellation for the 10th of September. Virgin media has cancelled successfully yet plusnet has not activated yet!

Furthermore, I recieved a vague text saying its been delayed when I live chat them they say I have to call. When I call I wait for over 30 minutes and get cut off without speaking to anyone, which has happened twice!

I am considering putting an ofcom complaint for this behaviour and cancelling as soon as I get a rep on the line. Worst company ever!

I will also be making sure I get a full refund for these days charged and the upfront line rental I paid.

Anyone have any other complaint methods I can use, or any way to cancel immediately?
5 REPLIES 5
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Broadband activation delayed

@asbs1996

Welcome to the forums.

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but your right to cancel and receive all the money back finishes 14 days after you ordered the product. Not 14 days after Plusnet deliver anything to you.

Hopefully a staff member will read this like @Gandalf or @Dumbledore  and offer some assistance.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
asbs1996

I'm sure plus net not living up to there end of their deal can break my contract? No other way?
SpendLessTime
Hero

@asbs1996

IANAL but you will find that their terms and conditions allow for delays in installations where the necessary resources aren't available (the Openreach engineer normally is the resource they and you are waiting for - this is the normal reason that installs are delayed ).

Like I said, a staff member should be along soon to give pertinent advice.

SpendLessTime
Hero

A quick guide to your legal rights can be found at https://www.moneysupermarket.com/broadband/consumer-rights/

asbs1996

Thanks.