cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Service ID

Jakeymd_1

Broadband Service ID

Hi, can someone send me my Broadband service ID to run the advanced speed diagnostics? Plusnet thinks my link speed is 40mbps, but I'm consistently only getting 20mbps. Minimum guarantee is 27mbps.

11 REPLIES 11
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Broadband Service ID

@Jakeymd_1 Maybe you have a fault. Try the below:-

First thing to check: Is your phoneline clear? Dial 17070 (preferably from a corded phone), select option 2. Once your phone number is confirmed, there should be silence on the line except for the regular 'Quiet Line Test' message - any other noise, report a PHONE problem via: https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/phone/

If the phone test passes, report a broadband problem via: https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/broadband/

Let us know the result - if the tests come back as clear but you still have a problem, we need to investigate further.

The above assumes you still have 'normal' landline connection - if you have a SOGEA (internet only) one, just use the second link to report a network issue.

John
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@Jakeymd_1 

If you're on a FTTC product then you've posted on the wrong board - it should be Broadband. A Moderator will probably move the thread for you.

Brian

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

What makes you think the OP posted in the wrong board? FTTP lines have a Service ID just the same as FTTC lines do - only difference is that it isn't an actual phone number.

I'm not sure what forum is most appropriate for this type of request - but this one seems as good as any to me.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@corringham 

If you have an ADSL or FTTC query you post on the Broadband forum. If it's FTTP you post on the Full Fibre.

Though I accept for this particular query it could be Everything Else or Technical Help forums.

Brian

corringham
Seasoned Champion

I have previously been told (had topics moved) that Broadband is only for problems with your existing ADSL or FTTC service, Fibre is only for problems with your existing FTTP service, and anything not relating specifically to an existing service problem should go somewhere else - although it seems to vary just where that is.

In this case, it could perhaps be be My Account/Billing as it does relate to an existing account, but not specifically to Broadband or Fibre.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

@corringham wrote:

What makes you think the OP posted in the wrong board? FTTP lines have a Service ID just the same as FTTC lines do - only difference is that it isn't an actual phone number.

I'm not sure what forum is most appropriate for this type of request - but this one seems as good as any to me.

Full fibre is a minimum of 74, the OP is stating their line is not capable of that.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Full Fibre to Broadband

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
corringham
Seasoned Champion

@dvorak, so what you are saying is that any question that is technology agnostic - such as Service ID - has to be asked in a forum that relates to a product which is irrelevant to the question?

If the OP had not mentioned their observed speed, would the question still have been in the wrong forum? 

Mav
Fixes: 515

@corringham 

Without evidence to suggest a different board is required the question remains valid where it was.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

corringham
Seasoned Champion

@Mav, I agree. What I would query is whether the evidence of FTTC rather than FTTP means a question which is unaffected by the broadband type means a different board is required.

What is probably most significant that 5 days and 10 replies after the OP asked a question, there has actually been no attempt to answer the question!

pvmb
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

I believe the usual advice to queries about how to get your Broadband Service ID (BBEU No.) is to contact customer services.

At least it is/was on the BT Forum! 😉