Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being moved from LLU

Fenster
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Being moved from LLU

Plusnet is moving me from Tiscali LLU to  ipstreamMax, checking my gateway it now says :  You are currently connected to the "City Lifeline, Juniper 9" gateway. This gateway is sometimes known as pcl-ag02.
Is this the move? My phone went dead for a few minutes. What do I need to do now if anything? do I have to switch my router off and on a few times? bit confused any help appreciated.
thanks.
10 REPLIES 10
James
Grafter

Re: Being moved from LLU

Hi Fenster,
Sounds like your move has all completed now.
It'll be a sensible idea to reboot your router ince a day for the first ten days as the training period will now have started.
Fenster
Rising Star

Thank you James, i just did a speed test,
down: 1856 kbps
up: 274 kbps
a bit slower download, no doubt will fluctuate. Is there anything else I need to do after the 10 days please?
actually it is quite a lot slower, was :  2912 kbps !
scootie
Grafter

you will be fixed at 2mb on bt's profileing system for the first few days.
do you know how to loginto your router and grab the sync , snr, atten stats if not have look here and post the stats http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.php
James
Grafter

Hi Fenster,
You'll need to wait for the BT profile to update.
You shouldn't need to do anything after the 10 day period.
Fenster
Rising Star

Thanks Asbo dog, yes I do know how to get these stats (learned when I discovered Plusnet was moving me over) learned from a previous question . Thanks James, this initial move seems to have gone ok as I can surf and alls well. speed will not be much of a problem at all over the short term.
snr: down 6.5  up: 19.0
atten: down 56.0 up: 30.5
rate: down 3776 up: 448
snr used to be down: 12.2  up:  13.0  what is the significance of this folks?
cheers all,
Fenster.
Fenster
Rising Star

snr  down    6.5  up:  19.0
snr used to be down: 12.2  up:  13.0      is this a problem or a good thing?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The change in the upstream will be because the upstream sync is probably a lot lower than it was on LLU.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Fenster
Rising Star

Hi Jelv, the lower snr , will it change later, is it better or worse or should I just stop worrying about it?  Cheesy
ta.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If you pop your attenuation in to http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/max_speed_calc.php you will see that your current speed is slightly above the predicted speed for ADSL Max and that on LLU and ADSL2+ you would be expected to get a slightly higher speed.
When the sync speed increases the noise margin decreases and vice versa. This is why you have a higher noise margin on upstream because you are syncing at the fastest possible on standard ADSL Max (which is lower than LLU).
When you are first connected to ADSL Max a target noise margin of 6 is set, this means that the exchange and your router negotiate the fastest speed that you can sync at while the noise margin is at or above 6. If your line remains stable with few errors, that will be the end of the story. If you get problems the target noise margin may be increased by 3 which will give you a corresponding decrease in sync speed and it will then monitor again to see if the line is stable. This can be repeated until your target noise margin reaches 15. You can find your current target by looking at the noise margin immediately after rebooting the router.
Keep an eye on how things go over the first 10 days and you should see it settle.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Fenster
Rising Star

Thanks  for comprehensive answer John, it says 3424 down. Will keep monitoring.  Smiley
Fenster.