cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are we all sinking on Plusnets ship???

neil3045
Grafter

Are we all sinking on Plusnets ship???

After my speed absolutely crashed below 1mbps for the last few weeks I can't believe the amount of all you others in the same boat. Could it be the sudden drive for customers offering a price beating promise? Or could it be that we have all suddenly had something go wrong on our ends at the same time?? Whatever it is, its a pain in the rear end!  Grin
17 REPLIES 17
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Are we all sinking on Plusnets ship???

Most often the quality of your internet connection depends on what is in your house and the telephone line to your local exchange.  These things won't be affected by Plusnet's customer drive
Two thing that could have happened:

• Plusnet could have taken on so many extra clients that they have overloaded their capacity from your exchange to the core of their network, or somewhere else in their network core.

• Plusnet could have taken on so many extra clients that they have overloaded their capacity to deal with customer support issues.

Personally I think it is more likely that the spate of problems (if there really is such a thing) is down to the recent widespread internet outage. 
neil3045
Grafter

There are millions of people in the country using broadband and i guess there are bound to be many with faults of some sort. Its not often people go rushing into the forum to shout about how happy they are when the service is good lol.
magnetism2772
Grafter

high winds and water and frost and rusty connections and damp exchanges
appear to be some reasons
magnetism2772
Grafter

like your car  a seasonal blip so hurry on summer
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Quote from: neil3045
Its not often people go rushing into the forum to shout about how happy they are when the service is good lol.

I dunno, I've frequently complimented 3's mobile BB on this forum. They don't have one of their own hence the lack of praise there but I'm actually more than happy with 3.
If it wasn't for the SO resisting I'd have switched us onto 3's 15GB per month deal for £15pm because I've had so little trouble with them.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: okrzynska
I've frequently complimented 3's mobile BB on this forum.

I'm on another forum that sees frequent post from people experiencing problems with the dongles 3 supply for their mobile broadband.  I get the impression their technical support isn't so good, should you ever need to use it. 
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: giro
and damp exchanges

That's a new one, any evidence that exchanges get damp?
magnetism2772
Grafter

any evidence that exchanges get damp?

one exchange  wet through recently in the news
anyone who has ever contributed to  Engands Industrial Revolution will tell
you that all Engineering places of work are cold, draughfty lack proper heating and bathing facilities
those perks are afforded to office and managerial and  associated  staff

7up
Community Veteran

Quote from: ReedRichards
Quote from: okrzynska
I've frequently complimented 3's mobile BB on this forum.

I'm on another forum that sees frequent post from people experiencing problems with the dongles 3 supply for their mobile broadband.  I get the impression their technical support isn't so good, should you ever need to use it. 

See for once I've had little problems. Normally I'm pretty unlucky with things I buy but my dongle has never been anything but brilliant. I don't live in a built up area though so I probably get better coverage than most in flats etc. If I'm honest I've been really pleased with mine (I'm using it now actually to write this cos I can't get connected to PN via the router - although our phone number changes in about 1/2hr so that might be why). It's been far more reliable than PN and I've only ever had 2 occassions when I couldn't connect. Yes their tech support is a bit crap but so is Yahoo's - you can't speak to anyone and when you can they're useless. When the service works you don't need them much anyway.
magnetism2772
Grafter

just for fun noisy  wires
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: giro

anyone who has ever contributed to  Engands Industrial Revolution will tell
you that all Engineering places of work are cold, draughfty lack proper heating and bathing facilities
those perks are afforded to office and managerial and  associated  staff

With the amount of equipment and the heat it gives off heating exchanges is not a problem. In fact a few exchanges in the last few years have had sub stations placed in the car parks because of the amount of power they are drawing of the grid. A lot of this power is for air con because of the heat the equipment is generating.
magnetism2772
Grafter

off topic
The above  pleasing melody is not my invention. It was the birds' idea
I shall place their  splendid melody   on my website temp
a recorded composition , using xylophone, bassoon, oboe and clarinet and, of course, the notes laid out by the birds.

7up
Community Veteran

Giro, I don't believe it, you're not threadjacking are you?  Grin
magnetism2772
Grafter

no  okrzynska
I'm just adding a sound track to the topic