cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approaching usage allowance message when nowhere near

ellismp

Approaching usage allowance message when nowhere near

Got pretty close to 10 Gbyte usage allowance last month. Then 3 days into new period received another of these warning emails. Alarmed, I checked usage & it's less than 400 Mbyte. What's going on?
4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Re: Approaching usage allowance message when nowhere near

Welcome to the forum. You're obviously on a very old tariff so probably paying well over the odds for the privilege. If you ring Plusnet you will probably find that you can negotiate an unlimited service for no more money in exchange for a contract.

To get the best deal look up a competitors price then when ringing select the 'I'm thinking of leaving option' and ask Plusnet to match it. You may be pleasantly surprised and have no more monthly limit worries.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

ellismp

Thanks for the suggestion, but my question was how am I getting usage warning messages when I have used less than 5% of my allowance.
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

You need to get a member of Plusnet staff to answer that one I'm afraid. Probably things that go bump in the night caused it.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi there.

I'm not sure why you've received this email but I've raised a task with our infrastructure engineers to try to find out.

I've also opened a ticket on your account with more information which you can view and reply to from Here.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet