cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing router stats - username and password problem

TrickyMicky

Accessing router stats - username and password problem

I have similar problem. Tried to find my router stats but don't know what username and password to put in. Tried to put administrator and blank password as suggested but it didn't like that. Want to try putting router serial number in but don't know which of the 8 numbers on the back of the Thomson Router is the serial number. Can anybody help ?
jim:green Post split off and title changed for better visibility mod:end
2 REPLIES 2
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Accessing router stats - username and password problem

TrickyMicky

Re: Accessing router stats - username and password problem

Thanks, that link helped. For anybody else like me who first set up their Plusnet Thomson router more than 18 months ago and has never looked at it since, it seems that when setting it up for the first time we were prompted to insert our own username and password (specific to the router and separate from the broadband service) so all the standard suggested ones in the link above didn't work on mine (Administrator, admin, serial number, blank etc). Of course I hadn't a clue what I had put in ! However, it is pretty easy to just reset  the router again as long as you know your plusnet broadband username and password. i did this and it worked !
Instructions say: Use a paperclip, pen or pointed object to press into the reset pin hole on the back of the router. Keep the button pressed in for at least 7 seconds. When the power light goes red, release the button and wait until the power light turns green again (actually mine flashed and I got  2 green lights).
Then follow the instructions here
www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/t585v7.shtml
Having done this I was then able to go to
http://kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.php#58,
put in the username and password  I had  just inserted for the router and the current stats for my router came up.