cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL speeds getting slower everyday

marymilne31
Hooked

ADSL speeds getting slower everyday

Hello, I have been a happy Plusnet customer for a while now with no problems until a couple of weeks ago where I started to notice my download speed getting slower everyday. It went down to 3mb/s and is now down to 0.20mb/s. It is almost unusable at this point. I've tried all the basic things I could think of such as using different DSL/Ethernet cables and different micro filters. I have tried resetting the router also but nothing has worked. The phone line seems perfectly fine too. 

I have mental health problems so being stuck inside while also not being able to use the internet isn't exactly the best. I know you guys must be having hard time keeping up with all the problems other Plusnet customers are having, while being understaffed at the same time but any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
marymilne31
Hooked

Re: ADSL speeds getting slower everyday

Forgot to add my internet has also been dropping constantly the last few months too.
marymilne31
Hooked

Internet is unusable now and still no reply...
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I note a phone fault has been found. This will typically fix the broadband issues too. Please let is know if any problems continue once you've had confirmation of the phone fix.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
marymilne31
Hooked

Hello, thanks for the response and sorry for the late reply. I was contacted today at 8:00 saying that the line fault has been fixed however my speeds are still very slow.

Edit. I have also noticed something while doing a speed test. It says my "Max Achievable Speed" is 0.25mb/s which doesn't seem right at all. I've attached the a screenshot of the test results below. 

Thanks

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

@marymilne31  Hello Smiley I have picked this up and updated it on your account here.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Tag fixed.

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team