Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

51db adsl /adsl2 compare

ramidoodle
Grafter

Re: 51db adsl /adsl2 compare

thanks for your quick reply,
the radius logs don't include any sync/resync info it only includes session info and the number of PPP level disconnections/reconnections. the RADIUS log is the first table in the attached screenshot (1). your router sync might have been very stable for 30 days but the PPP connection have been dropping  out.
scootie
Grafter

why do i keep having to repeat my self.
check here as to why my ppp logs show so many drops. I TEST THE LATENCY ON THE GATEWAYS for the midnight night latency issue. http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,80166.64.html
i know how to drop the ppp sesion with out droping the sync to the exchange (its not rocket sience is it)
Smiley MY LINE IS STABLE Smiley
ramidoodle
Grafter

Ok, in this case, could you please try to keep the ppp session alive for at lease 72 hours and I will request the banded profile to be removed for you, this will also get the SNR reset back to 6dB. If the line gets banded again please consider interleaving as an option. The reason behind this is that PPP drops without resyncing if the line is erroring without any correction or fault tolerance  Wink
scootie
Grafter

Deal.
9hours clocked up so far.
why do BTw have to reset to 6db, when i switched to 21cn in april my line staright away synced at the same noise margin as 20cn before the switch happend, james placed my order on fastpath staright from the start, so my 21cn line has never had interleaving and trust me it never will, ive never had problems with the 250-500ES aday on fastpath
scootie
Grafter

20 hours now, which dosent surprise me one bit  Roll_eyes
quick question about me having to keep a ppp sesion live for 3 days before you can report BTw's OWN foul up to them.
how do you go about being able to raise faults for people who are on the green band wagon and switch there routers off over night?
just to add what my line was like nearing the end of my 30day long sync, from a post i made at that time
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=81129.0;attach=13412;image
ramidoodle
Grafter

Hiya,
Just requested to unband your line profile as the connection is ongoing Smiley
scootie
Grafter

caught me with my pants (routerstats) down, forgot to restart it after install avg 9 last night.
yep. we are at warp speed now captain. just hope it goes up the NM step ladder and finds 12db before running of to mummy at 15db on a band
the ES count is most likely wrong and not reset its self
am going to resist showing it whats best for my line using a tweaker and lets see how the dumb DLM acts on its own this time, that said i only did 2-3 tweaks last time to push back to 12db when 9db was unstable that the DLM picked
EDIT. DOH think i would of learnt to edit ip's out by now  Embarrassed
scootie
Grafter

just thought what happens when this cracks off again when snr drops at this NM http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,75667.msg664606.html#msg664606
i will attempt a power down and resync to get my connection working again but if that dont work i will have to tweak NM again to get a connection that works, i dont want to have to do this thoe as i would prefer to see how the DLM reacts when it goes it alone, but the DLM dosent seem to make any changes till the following morning at 10-11am so it wont be possable to leave it erroring like that till the DLM decides to up the margin
scootie
Grafter

held nicely for 2 days at 4600kbps on a what looked like a 9db or maybe 6db NM.
simple guess as to  what my line stats are sat at now after the DLM's stuck its nose in for the first time since being unbanded
can a staffer whack interleaving back on this line please as as no one is  using this line for serious latency effected apps or gaming now. thanks
well anotherone i got my fair well present from BTw after all.
does the DLM know how to count or not 9+3 works out at 12db. seems my DLM's fav number is 6

; Grin
ramidoodle
Grafter

Just raised the order for you, should complete tomorrow anytime.
Looks like you've got elevated traffic weighting (the advantage of being on the trial) Cheesy
scootie
Grafter

shhhhhh  Grin
it only matchs my profile in what it gives anyway ( and in fact its ment to give 3000kbps minum at the busy 3-4 hours of the day and i only have a 2500kbps profile at the mo) james added it on when the latency issue first raised its ugly head in may/june to see if that solved the latency issue
now i cant say for sure if it works but i can say i havent had any thoughput issues why on 21cn
scootie
Grafter

ok i switched this line back to interleaving on around the 4th of dec as i was no longer going to be using it for gaming ect and thought it would be a good chance to see how diffrently the DLM acted with interleaving on.
well the line is running the thomson now instead of the netgear v4 and still the DLM has yet to remove the banded 3072 profile, not sure how the connection has bein running the past two weeks but am sure its held up ok as fastpath was fine before so cant see the line being worse with interleaving on.
as a quick note with interleaving on the max sync on a 3072 band is as below and the upsync has suffered pretty badly to thoe i dont know if this is interleaving or the change of router