Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whose are all these devices!?

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: Whose are all these devices!?

Right - a Hub 0 , so yo will be ADSL - I'll try and dig out my boilerplate help instructions.

John
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@Eshaw1980 

One thing to check is what services are available to you. If FTTC or FTTP is available then it may be time to upgrade. Use the following. It you choose to post your results make sure your phone number is obscured.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Brian

Eshaw1980
Hooked

_20211014_170114.JPG

Eshaw1980
Hooked

Hi BMC,

Apologies, I do not know what FTTC or FTTP  is ...

And what doesn't help is that i don't know my telephone number 🤣

Is there a way i can find this out without phoning up Plusnet at all?

jab1
Legend

Yup, Ch6 is popular. 😉 If you hang on till I've had my tea, I'll post a fairly comprehensive 'help list', but you will have to follow it as posted if we are to be able to help you.

John
jab1
Legend

@Eshaw1980 wrote:

Hi BMC,

Apologies, I do not know what FTTC or FTTP  is ...

And what doesn't help is that i don't know my telephone number 🤣

Is there a way i can find this out without phoning up Plusnet at all?

Wait for my next post - it should answer most questions. Your phone number is somewhere on your 'My Account' page - can't say exactly where as I am ex-PN, so not able to see all details.

John
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@Eshaw1980  if you have a phone, dialling 17070 will let you know what your number is, or call your mobile if you have one, the number should show up on there - you don't have to answer.

jab1
Legend

@Mustrum I suspect the OP is one of those who don't have land-line phone (even a cheap one, for basic trouble-shooting)

John
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

@jab1  we shall see - if they reply - just wanted to give them an option.

jab1
Legend

OK, @Mustrum 😉

John
Eshaw1980
Hooked

hey, Jab is correct, i dont have a telephone sadly.

i'll have to log in to my PN account and finid out, then undertake the BT BB availability checker.

I can't believe how painfully slow it is still. Something is definitely wrong as it's never been this bad.

I'll get back to you once i have the results of the above.

Thanks so much all, you've been so helpful.

jab1
Legend

@Eshaw1980 A basic corded phone is an essential tool in broadband troubleshooting.

I will post the help boilerplate in 30-40 minutes, so don't do too much until you have had a read - it would be good to have all the answers close together.

John
jab1
Legend

@Eshaw1980 Please read the below, and supply as much of the requested information as possible. Obviously, you will be unable to do the 17070 Quiet Line Test, which is unfortunate as that is quite often the cause of BB problems.

If you would like help from the community, a good starting point is to have a look at This post and supply as much detail from it as possible.Sight of the HelpDesk page, under the Troubleshooting tab on your router homepage - with personal information redacted - is very useful.

It would also be a good idea to carry out a 'Quiet Line Test' - dial 17070 from a (preferably corded) phone and select option 2 - there should be no discernable noise. If there is, report a phone fault first, as without a clear phone connection, your broadband will not perform correctly.

It may be an idea to also report your lines capabilities - please post your results from THIS site, but ensure your phone number is obscured/hidden.

Please also carry out this test: BTW Performance Tester , but please carry out the 'Additional Diagnostics', and report them -preferably as a screenshot.

If you reply to this topic with as much detail as possible, there are plenty of experienced members who can advise on possible remedies.

John
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@Eshaw1980 

Use the Address version of the Availability Checker. Enter only your Post Code and then select your address from the drop down list.

FTTC will show as VDSL in the left hand column. WBC FTTP here would mean it's available.

Either would mean faster base speeds.

Brian

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @Eshaw1980 and welcome to our Community Forums.

Now that's an old router, let's see what we can do to send you a Hub One and I'll be happy to test your line while I'm at it. Smiley

Could you private message me your account username?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet