cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had problems since before Xmas with Broadband connected but random no internet. Anyone help please?

joseph1
Rising Star

Re: Had problems since before Xmas with Broadband connected but random no internet. Anyone help p...

@Townman

Yes, seems quite stable now.

However, the hub one is susceptible I think to rf interference when answering my dect phone as it drops out! Done this 2 or 3 times now @Gandalf  if you see any breaks in my uptime within a 24 hour period. I tried an old dtmf phone and that doesn't cause any drops, so I don't think it is a telephone line issue affecting adsl. Will dig out some ferrite tubes and try those on router line input and power lead as well to see if that helps.

My old 2704N was ok and was never affected by the dect phone which is on the same desk as pc and router.

Will find a solution somehow. Life is never dull!

Thanks, Rob

joseph1
Rising Star

Re: Had problems since before Xmas with Broadband connected but random no internet. Anyone help p...

Been so long since I had any adsl problem, I had forgotten this thread!

Well, everything seems nice and stable with my adsl now. My adsl DL between 8.3 and 8.6Mb/s approximately. Perfectly adequate for our needs.

Thanks especially to @Gandalf  @Townman and @jab1 for all the help earlier in the year.

I am pleased to have just renewed my PN contract yet again, thus making PN my continuous provider for over 20 years now.

It is this forum and all the assistance and information therein that in my opinion sets PN above the rest. Not forgetting their great CS team as well!

Thank you one and all!

Rob

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for the post back @joseph1 it certainly has been some time.

I'm glad to see your broadband's been stable since then and you're staying with us for longer. ‌Thumbs_Up

Cheers for the feedback and kind words, no problem at all! If you'd like to leave us a review, feel free to create one Here.

Let us know if you have further issues although hopefully not or there's anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet