cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Assist says it Doesn't Support My IE Browser

silverfinch
Grafter

Re: Plusnet Assist says it Doesn't Support My IE Browser

Hi Ollyk, I have totally given up now, will wait until PN do what they have to do. Spent enough time on it for now. We enjoy the Sunday paper, can't read papers on line - like to do it page by page! I run on windows 7 by the way (well the computer does)!
Dancer2
Dabbler

Quote from: ollyk
I have no idea why it should work on IE11 for me and dancer2 but silverfinch gets the version problems.
I run Windows 7 so perhaps it is something to do with which version of Windows people run.
The bit about the removal tool was from the BT forums where someone had a similar problem
with versions and this executable was meant to remove some registry entries relating to motive
which I thought might be relevant in silverfinches case as well.  Perhaps not who knows !
was just trying to be of some assistance if I could.
Smiley Smiley   Olly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Plusnet Assist running well  for me.....I AM on  Windows 7 too. Smiley
Dot. (Dancer2) Smiley
dick:green Quote fixed.

rmac1

Tearing my hair out too! (I'm  another over 70's). I have taken up  this 'acceptable browser' issue with support team as follows:
"I am trying to install PlusNet Assist on my HP Pro Win 7 64-bit machine. It does not appear to recognise Firefox 26.0 as an acceptable browser yet Firefox is on your list of options. Please advise"
Plusnet replied :
"While PNA does support Firefox, you will need to install it using Internet Explorer first unfortunately. Please see our Plusnet Assist FAQ page for more information:
http://www.plus.net/support/assist/help.shtml "
Note, no mention of any unacceptable versions of IE in this reply. I tried to reinstall using IE11 but without success-  & found nothing helpful in the FAQ page
My query is still open so I will try asking the support team to coordinate this unsatisfactory situation for all of us
RD35

Hi Liz I am new to PN in fact I am only just starting the joining process, but I have had the same problems that you have with PN assist not liking IE 11, I have followed OLLY'S steps and found that you need to do step 2 first and then do step one, I find it easier to do if you write down the instructions first, you can do both steps at the same time as they are both on the same screen and then log off your computer, when you switch back on go into the PN assist by clicking onto the log which should be on your startup screen, this should go straight on to the PN menu,without telling you about problems with IE11.
One word of warning when you are doing Olly's steps do not Change your home page details, otherwise you will find that PN becomes your home page, if that's what you want ok, but I prefer my Yahoo home page.
bye the way I am 72 if you need any help, I would suggest we exchange email addresses.