cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser you love to hate

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Browser you love to hate

We all know that, although it is the most common browser on desktops, Internet Explorer also appears to be the most hated one.
Apparently, Microsoft is well aware of that, and is also determined to show to the world that things have changed.
With the new Internet Explorer 9, the web is not only more beautiful, but also more secure, they say. Not to mention that users will find it easier to go to the places they want when using the IE9 browser. And there is also the support for all the modern web technologies, and other features more.
The bottom line, Microsoft claims once again that, with Internet Explorer 9, it can cure the hatred against its web browser. And they got proof of that as well: people are already starting to see the new browser version for what it really is, and they are sharing their new perspective to the world.

Moreover, Microsoft came up with a new website as part of this marketing campaign. It is called “Browser You Love to Hate”, and also offers you the possibility to download the new browser version.

The Browser You Loved To Hate
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
12 REPLIES 12
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Browser you love to hate

Firefox  Wink loads better
must admit to uninstall IE on every PC i build  Cheesy
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

I'm not a fan of IE either but I have to admit, unlike Seamonkey's 'debugger' which is useless, IE's error messages at least give you a line number and half a hint as to whats wrong.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Add me to the list of 'haters' Cheesy
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

As far as I'm concerned IE9 is just fine - it's quick enough for me, has few annoying habits, and most importantly has never crashed.
Don't understand how some people seem to develop really strong emotions for or against browsers  Roll_eyes - I reserve all my negative feelings for bankers, politicians, solicitors, estate agents...... Cheesy
hadden
Grafter

I have so much baggage about IE issues that I can't even bring myself to click in the link to the lovetohate link.  Crazy
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I've just switched back from FF v12 Beta to FF v11 Release to see if it sorts out a niggling problem I had.
I keep IE installed to check out cross-browser issues but don't use it as a main browser.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

I've been using Firefox as my main browser for years - but keep IE (currently 9) to be able to download Microsoft updates on demand.
M

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

thejudge
Rising Star

If you have a website, you use css and code by hand, IE has been a right PITA for years. It has never properly implemeted W3C standards, and so you have to create a second set of stylesheets and put in a kludge of conditional statements to get the stylesheets to give the right result.
barky
Grafter

I'd only use internet exploder & google chrome if I really HAD TO .... all to stripped out for my liking & I honestly don't  care how long it takes for programs to start up -- doesn't matter to me as I'm not an impatient type so long as things run smoothly after a minute or so.
kdiment
Rising Star

Absolutely agree with thejudge. What is the point of standards if Microsoft ignores them? I get a website looking just how I want it to, tested with Firefox (which DOES adhere to W3C), then check it with IE and find it  looks awful. Then have to fiddle about with it so that it looks acceptable to those who use IE because they know no better. PITA indeed.
- Keith
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Hmmm.  Cool
Sounds like fairly typical uninformed/biased comments from people who haven't actually USED IE9.  Lips_are_sealed
JayG seems to live in the "real world" though.  Grin
FireFox fans will enjoy this: http://www.googleartproject.com/
barky
Grafter

I've disliked ie ever since it first came out, have had it as my default browser (where I had a choice) for about 2 months since windows95 came out .... too late to change that view now!  Grin