cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet will give your personal details to ACS Law with not informing you!!

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: Plusnet will give your personal details to ACS Law with not informing you!!

I know it's a petty thing, but I believe if you have a complaint about a solicitor that you can complain to Law Society.
This is pointless if you actually think you will get anywhere, but AFAIK it means the solicitor has to fill in a lot of
paperwork and they hate this.
I did this to a solicitor who screwed up a simple conveyancing procedure and he offered me £50 to shut up.
So I did. Cheesy

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

davethir
Grafter

Hello,
You can only complain to the Law Society about a Lawyer who you employ, not one who is after you. The correct place to complain is to the SRA (Solicitors Regulating Authority), ACS Law and Andrew Crossley himself are currently being investigated
http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/number_of_complaints_about_andre
The SRA http://www.sra.org.uk/sra/sra.page
Many Hundreds of people have been incorrectly targeted and have complained about his practices
Anyway back to the main issue.......Have Plusnet asked ACS Law for a list of people ACS Law have taken to court from the list of Personal information PlusNet gave to them in December? Remember it is a condition of the Court order that Plusnet receive this information!
davethir
Grafter

Plusnet.
I would appreciate a reply or update to my Question, as it has been 2 weeks now with no word, I have asked a quite simple question.....have plusnet asked for or received a list of paying customers who have been taken to court by ACS LAW from the thousands of personal details given to them.
I would suggest you re-read the copy of the court order i posted earlier as it clearly states PN is to be provided with this information.
If in light of the fact that there have been no prosecutions will PlusNet continue to give our personal details (Name Address and telephone number) away to any Scam artist who gets a court order. (ACS Law have been called Scammers and likened to cowboy wheelclampers by respected Lords in the House of Lords)
I await your reply with anticipation
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Although it seems we are i dont think that we are being ignored.
What i do think is that the staff who frequent these forums are hoping that this will just 'go away' .....eventually
Mand
Grafter

Not the case at all.
I've passed this to one of our senior managers to get the information.
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

I suspect that 'senior managers' will hope this just 'goes away' too.
No offence but its not something i suspect that anyone wants to get involved in, i wouldnt if i worked there!
VileReynard
Hero

I think this is an issue which has the potential to affect thousands of Plusnet customers - in fact anyone with children!
Plusnet should certainly post details of their policy on this issue, as a matter of urgency.
Statistics on actual prosecutions could allow Plusnet to challenge ACS Law in court, with regard to their intentions successfully - I believe some other ISP's do this?
Obviously any customer who gets contacted as a result of collusion between Plusnet & ACS is going to become an ex-customer.

scootie
Grafter

i dont like talk talk but with them not just sitting down and taking it, now talk talk is a name in my head that is standing up for us.
would PN rather us see them as a company that only cares about profits, or a company that does its best to serve and protect its customer. Yes you may have to tennis ticket between your selfs and the head of the bt group, but at least show the uk you are the part of the bt group that actualy cares about its customers.
to be honest why do you need premision from bt group when it's PN's name on the court order any way
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Today is a great example on my account as my usage has been reset today.
I changed my router over on Saturday night after a few beers  ;), the wife said to me on Sunday 'the router is unsecured by the way'. So i fixed it straight away.
I know background traffic can cause things to show in the VMBU in the members section. My VMBU shows 65MB of Peer2Peer TODAY. This seems more than simple background traffic but is enough to constitute a music album.
1. YES the wireless is definately secure
2. I have not been at home since 6.30am this morning
If this turns out to be someone illegally using MY line for downloading P2P, what chance have i got of disproving it - NONE.
And Plusnet dont seem to give a toss
zubel
Community Veteran

In the example you note, if you were ever contacted you simply respond saying that your wireless was unsecured for a period of time and that could they please submit proof that it was actually you (that account holder) that downloaded the material in question.
B.
VileReynard
Hero

Since that would be impossible, it would be ignored.
And Plusnet would still have handed over personal details, without challenging ACS in court.

Alxns
Grafter

Wait so they get your details and take you to court for?Huh
Sort of confused what you mean.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: Barry
In the example you note, if you were ever contacted you simply respond saying that your wireless was unsecured for a period of time and that could they please submit proof that it was actually you (that account holder) that downloaded the material in question.

Barry, You are overlooking that in this case you are presumed guilty until proved innocent - that is why people are so upset.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
davethir
Grafter

Wait so they get your details and take you to court for?Huh
Sort of confused what you mean

No they get your details fromPlusnet and then send out thousands of letters demanding £500. they dont care whether you are innocent or not, they wont check your hard drive as they say it doesnot matter whether you have the file or not.
We must all band together to stop PlusNet giving our details away without question.
zubel
Community Veteran

You can challenge the letters, currently.  This was my reasoning behind suggesting writing back with the information.
They have never taken anyone to court yet.  If they do, they will pick a case that they deem is a sure-fire win.  If you have any mitigating circumstances, or argument, they won't risk it being you.
B.