cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awaiting broadband activation

higgy1981
Rising Star

Re: Awaiting broadband activation

I'm in the same boat, although mine is tomorrow (27th April).

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@higgy1981 looking into your account, it's not quite the same issue, though I am sorry to hear of the delay with your order. I can see my social media colleagues have the ticket on your account in their personal ticket pool so they will provide an update once we have more information.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@Gandalf wrote:

We contacted BT Wholesale on the 20th, and our suppliers advised us that the order had completed with Openreach as expected but not in their applications. We were asked to check back within 48 hours.

We chased our suppliers today following your order still not completing, and they have raised a bridge case which is an escalation to get the order manually completed. The lead time for this is another 48 hours I am afraid.

@Gandalf And @LouisaMartin 48 hours on 48 hours again!  Is there no way of getting your suppliers to deliver a single point fix?  Far to many protracted multiple issues with 48 hour a go responses.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It's the lead time we're given by our suppliers.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Anoush,

One knows that - but it simply is not good enough, especially when THEY have / identify issue after issue and for each issue they say come back laters.

Joe Public does not know or should need to know you are all made to look so unprofessional by your suppliers inability to fix all of the obstacles in one go - each issue should not need a new response time - BT have got away with such shoddy service for years. Someone needs to fix this - PlusNET is THEIR customer and deserve a better service. It really is time PlusNet senior management stopped protecting the incompetence of BTw ... a formal complaint from an ISP needs to be raised with Ofcom. Similar cases of BTw failure are seen all too regularly here.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

higgy1981
Rising Star

So it's 'activation day'.

No email as yet, no update on my ticket.

I presume it can happen anytime?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I checked your order about half an hour ago, but it's unfortunately still in progress. We'd have to allow up to midnight for this to complete. We'll check back on this for you tomorrow. I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
higgy1981
Rising Star

2 days since 'activation' still no clue what's going on
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

We'll be updating the ticket on your account shortly.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
higgy1981
Rising Star

Define shortly because I'm still waiting! 3 days since 'activation'
higgy1981
Rising Star

I was looking forward to coming back from holiday and this being resolved. Even though I'm told that all the necessary work has been carried out at the exchange, my broadband order has failed..... Again.

So btw have done their bit, so who are +net going to blame now?

So sick of your empty Apologies. 2.5 weeks with no broadband.

5 days since 'activation', the wait continues, but not for long!

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Sadly with BTw they can have many bits and never seem able to address all the bits in one byte! Please forgive the rather bad pun.

What the failure reason / code this time? I've a particular interest in repeated order failures...

higgy1981
Rising Star

'We have received an update on your order we will provide detail shortly

**INTERNAL**
The following KCI message has been received from our suppliers:

Error:501:Order Rejected,Error:9545:Related Broadband order has failed

Kind regards,

Plusnet Support'

I've about had enough, I am a man of principle. I'll cancel this in a heartbeat and wait for a different supplier if its not fixed tomorrow. I paid £62 start up costs in MARCH
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@JonoH - tagged for attention please

higgy1981
Rising Star

I should NOT have to post here to try and bump my ticket (#149147521) but needs must, i will not pander to your excuses any longer.

Last chance saloon for Plusnet and i expect a response.