Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data

Alan56
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: No data

@Turner I ported two numbers from Tesco Mobile (I wish I had never bothered).  Got the Plusnet sims Thursday, phoned Tescos and got the PAC codes.  Passed to Plusnet Thursday night, advised two working days.  Tesco service cut off around 11am Monday at which time I put the Plusnet sims into the phones.  The phones worked for voice calls on the Plusnet number for about two hours after which our numbers were ported across.  So it was a fairly quick and easy process apart from the fact that neither of us have a data connection, and given data was the only reason for swapping in the first place, that wasn't a good move was it 

cjags
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

I have had my Plusnet SIM for a month (no number porting done).  It will connect to LTE (4G) and I have data.  When there is no 4G, it falls back to 3G (H, H+).

In some areas (like Peacehaven, East Sussex) where the phone is using 3G, I get no data even though there is a good 3G signal and the phone says it has a data connection.  If I try a speedtest I get 0.1M download and hetwork connection errors on upload.

In other areas, 3G data works fine.

Not sure how it can a faulty SIM that likes 3G in some areas and not in others.

gravel
Dabbler

@cjags

Could this not just be typical MVNO symptom where they've no access to GPRS, Edge etc because it's not part of their deal with (fellow BT subsidiary) EE?

On Giffgaff, if you didn't have a 3G or better signal, you could not load any pages even though you could see you were connected via GPRS or Edge.

cemmy074
Hooked

I told same to plusnet. It cant be sim issue when i make call or text. Problem is data connecrion. Even i put factory reset and lost all apps but still not working.they sent new aim and it says call 500 for register. How can i call when i have no signal.via chat new aim start to work but atill NO DATA. And last CS said they have problem with ee and ee still fixing. I heard that song since Friday and it is boring now..And i had enough just going to cancel the contract. Pay extra few £ stay without stress..they says ee is sorting if plusnet works with ee which my parner is using ee always she has connection but plusnet no data and loosing signal everytime..really waste time and money..good luck for other plusnet users i hope ucan find data one day
angie20
Dabbler

This is exactly issues I have, swapped from Tesco and ported number over. Hubbys works but mine doesn't! Beginning to think bad mistake changing over. The most frustrating thing is lack of communication. CS told me I am priority.....yeh right. Why not put an announcement on website and tell us theres a problem, sick of being fobbed off that its the minority who have issues and a new sim will solve problem...according to this thread it wont!

gravel
Dabbler

Just thought I'd post a quick update from my post on page 2. I now have data and my old number.

It must just take 5 or so hours. My number transferred around noon but only just got the text confirming the port was nearly done. Reboot and data is back.

Hope the rest of you get it sorted.
CDavman
Hooked

I posted this on another page but so more people see it I'll repeat it here:

Right, I've just been on the customer service chat regarding this data issue and was told the following, and it would be interesting if this ties up with anyone else's experiences:

1. They're going to try and "turn mobile data off and on again from their end" for my account. Interestingly, this could take "4 hours". The sceptic in me says this is because customer services closes in 4 hours, so I won't be able to query it again til tomorrow. But we shall see.

2. I asked if plusnet will be providing compensation generally for customers and was told and I quote: "Yes. As soon as this is complete." This implies an acknowledgement that there IS a problem their end.

We shall see if this proves to be the case. I'll keep everyone posted.

Has anyone else received similar information?
myinspiration

Great work! Well done!
I am happy to DM this Plusnet as I have been talking to them via Twitter trying to get a fix.

Turner
Dabbler

Update: I've now got functioning 4G and a data connection on my iPhone Smiley
Port completed early yesterday evening (no text received to tell me this though) and this morning all is up and running after a restart.
Sporadic999
Dabbler

It seems the problem is fixed for some and not others. I am no so lucky, maybe because I was born in Lancashire Wink

Zarf99

I now have data, my port from Giffgaff started yesterday around 2pm, and although I have data and my number has been transferred and I can make voice calls, I still haven't had a text to say my port is complete and when I call voicemail I get the message in French, If I dial my new number from another phone I get "line busy", so it looks like the port is still in progress (21 hours so far).

Turner
Dabbler

@Sporadic999 LOL, you shouldn't have let that slip - you'll be at the back of the queue now!!
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi all,

We have identified an issue with our mobile data and it has been raised with the network engineers who are working to get this resolved as soon as possible. They have already implemented a fix last night for new customers and are working on a fix for existing customers as we speak. We should have more of an update on this later today. 

If your account/SIM card is already active then you're an existing customer. Any new customers are customers that accounts/SIM cards are due to activate from midnight last night onwards.

- Rebeka 

angie20
Dabbler

finally sorted after 6 days without mobile data, are we going to get our initial £10 monthly fee back. I think as a goodwill gesture for the inconvenience that should be the least plusnet would offer?

vienly
Dabbler

How did you they manage to sort yours out and not everyone else's?