cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail says it's set up but not recording!

FIXED
ros_cov

Voicemail says it's set up but not recording!

I moved over from Vodafone last month, ported my number across no problem.  Realised today I hadn't set up my voicemail, so dialled 555, set my greeting and enabled it so callers can leave a message.  Tested it by calling from the house phone and it just rings and rings and rings.  Went back in and did it again, it said it was enabled, but when I called back it just rang again.

Very frustrating and not a great start to the contract...

Help please - thank you Smiley

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Voicemail says it's set up but not recording!

Fix

Hi @ros_cov

I'm sorry to hear the inconvenience this is causing; I can assure you it's not something we intend and I hope we're able to find a fix as quickly as possible. 

The below codes will need to be entered on your handset from the dial screen: 

**004*+447870020555*11*30# OR **004*07870020555*11*30# - This will divert any unanswered calls to Voicemail if you're busy, your handset is turned off or if you reject the call. 

Let me know how you get on and please don't hesitate to drop me a private message, if there's anything else I can do to help! -Ashleigh

ros_cov

Sounded very convoluted but it worked - thanks

AdamHedley

Was unaware my voice mail was not recording, even though it said it was set up. Dialling the above sorted it though Smiley

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AdamHedley and @ros_cov

I've glad to hear it's up and running for you now! Smiley Please feel free to get in touch if there's anything else we can do. -Ashleigh 

moorjock

Never realised mine was not working until i tried after reading this, said the code was succseful so hopefully all my callers will get a cance to leave a maessage now (will be spoilt for choice of PPI providers), Thanks Ashleigh