Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Home Hub 5

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: BT Home Hub 5

What if I don't want BT Openreach Modem. I rather to have HH5 stand alone, maybe the engineer will see my HH5 and will not using BTO modem.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

How many times do you have to be told that Plusnet have made no announcements regarding self install? At present the situation is unchanged - engineer install with BT provided modem. What you do after the install is up to you.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Melancholie
Grafter

You will need 2 BTO modems if you are planning on load balancing two lines anyway.
TrevAtBBD

Hi there, new to the forum as I've just had plusnet fibre installed last week. I'm using HH5 that I bought from eBay and everything seems to be fine regarding broadband speed etc but one frustrating thing I've noticed is how slow the HH is at transferring files over wireless lan from my NAS drive.  On my old Netgear router I could transfer over wireless at about 11MB/s - 19MB/s using n300 WiFi adapter, now with HH5 its only at about 2MB/s. I purchased a new Intel 7260 AC WiFi card for my laptop in the hope to improve speeds and its gone up to 4MB/s. Anyone else have similar issues that they've managed to fix? I've already separated the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands and disabled parental controls and smart setup as has been advised on many threads but so far nothing seems to work. So much fo an AC WiFi router!
jimbof
Grafter

Hrm... HH5 if working is capable of much more - I get 17-25MB/sec to my macbook (accessing a file share on my PC).
However - I have AC mode disabled as I thought it was buggy (my macbook doesn't do AC at all, nor does any other device in my house).  Might be worth a try.
I also have fixed channels set on the wifi, and WPS disabled, and disabled the smart wifi function.
I don't use the HH5 as a router - just as a fast access point.  I do wonder if the performance of the wifi is negatively impacted by using the router side of the device - I always thought it might be a factor.
TrevAtBBD

I tried fixed channels as you suggest using WiFi analyser on my phone to pick the best channel, and then also tried disabling AC mode but nothing seems to work. I don't particularly want to have separate modem and router so not really sure where to go from here.  Sad
Clausentum

Using the Plusnet and Openreach boxes I get 15.9 on average, but when I connected the Homehub 5 the best I could get was 14.5. I am very disappointed with the speed of the HH5, since my internet is slow anyway every lost 1mbps counts! Is there a technical difference why the HH5 should be slower, using cables and not wireless? The HH5 looks nice, and it is only one box, but losing anything off my already slow internet speed is too much to pay!!
Rod1973

Hi I followed your setup on the hh5 on plusnet and it will not connect at all I have the correct user name and password in but it will not connect can you offer any advice? The hh5 is brand new and was on my new infinity account for two hours before I took it off. I am trying to set it up on my dad's plusnet account if that helps. I have reset it to standard etc and the accounts settings are my dad's btw
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Are you sure your user name is in the format yourusername@plusdsl.net ? It took me a couple of goes first time I did it, but it works fine for me. Also doing it whilst disconnected can also help.

Rod1973

Hi yes it's a five letter username then @plusdsl.net password is the log in password. I was trying it with the adsl line in . I did a full reset then tried several times but it would not connect at all😡
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Just press the disconnect button on the router user interface and try again.

Rod1973

It always says disconnected . I press connect then it thinks about it then goes back to saying you ain't connected. Pressing connect just does the same cycle