cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading firmware of Technicolor TG582n?

DougChandler
Dabbler

Re: Upgrading firmware of Technicolor TG582n?

Hi,
I realise that this is an old thread but I have a Nexus 7 which has just upgraded the Android version (5.1.1) and now it has an unstable wireless connection, it keeps dropping out. One of the guidance items is to make sure the router is the latest firmware and I notice that it is not and there is a later software version. Is it likely to resolve my issue?
Is this something you can push down otherwise I can update it locally.
Many thanks
pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

My olde technicoor TG582n has been pressed into service, following a line fault and moving of my tp link router, and then just as things got settled spilling water on the router.
its currently on:
Product Name: TG582n
Serial Number: (edited out - same as built in password)
Software Release: 8.4.4.J
Software Variant: BV
Boot Loader Version: 1.0.5
Product Code: 3701603B
Board Name: DANT-T
im guessing thats that? is it?Huh
cedlor
Grafter

@ Doug chandler
You can upload it yourself - see here  http://products.plus-payh.co.uk/firmware/
or you can try asking on the "Chat" line if they can "push" it out to you and if not then try sending a PM to One of the PN staff on the forum
(they may not reply as I dont really think they have time to pick up unsolicited PMs  but worth a try)
The update to 10.2.2  was supposed to improve wireless.

@ pint    Thats what?  - dont know what you are asking - if you have soaked your router while it is switched on  to the point of damaging it then yes that is it
If it was switched off then it will need a lot of drying out before you can try it.
If you just mean can you update the firmware then answer is possiibly yes.
pint
Aspiring Pro

it was my old router a tp link model, damaged by water.
Im now on the TG582n
I've had a look at the instructions and they state this "Windows 8 users - sorry no update tool is currently available for this operating system."
Ive only got access to windows 10, so i suppose thats out, will it auto update or is it something plusnet need to push?
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@DougChandler
What version of Firmware do you currently have on your TG582n,  and does it have a USB socket? I assume you are on ADSL?
@pint
Does yours have a USB socket?
Also, if you read the Library article a little further just before the Note (which says "These update tools can also be used to update the firmware on the TG582n") it goes on to say -
However some users report the Windows 7 version works in Windows 7 compatibility mode. Does your Windows 10 have a Compatibility mode that you can try?
If not Plusnet will have to push it to you, and you (and anyone else) will be best to request that here on the Forum and a CRT member can usually arrange that - (but it's usually Mon-Fri office hours when it can be pushed).
@cedlor
The 10.2.x.x firmware also improved ADSL stability in some situations because of improved noise immunity, especially the US.
terryyork

Quote from: Matt
I can upgrade your firmware to the latest version remotely if you like. Give me the nod and I'll push it out.
Matt

Hi Matt, could you upgrade the firmware on my TG582 as well?
Thanks,
Terry York
pint
Aspiring Pro

No usb socket, but a push from Plusnet end would be appreciated.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

If you're up for a challenge, it's possible to update the TG582n using TFTP, so should be possible on any OS. Instructions here using TFTPD32 http://www.jonathandavis.me.uk/2013/12/flashing-generic-firmware-on-a-technicolor-tg582n/

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Quote from: terryyork
Hi Matt, could you upgrade the firmware on my TG582 as well?
Thanks,
Terry York

Has someone done this for you? Firmware Version: 10.2.2.B.EH 
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Quote from: pint
No usb socket, but a push from Plusnet end would be appreciated.

That's been pushed.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
RekiSanchez

Hi,
Can I get the newest firmware sent please.
Anotherone
Champion

@MisterW
That's a very interesting article, thanks for that. It might be worth commenting that some of the links mentioned in it no longer work (don't exist/need to be a member) but those don't relate to the download and use of TFTP.
The other point to note (also mentioned elsewhere on this forum) is that the 10.2.x.x. firmware has improved noise immunity for ADSL connections.
@RekiSanchez
Hi and welcome to the forum. Hopefully one of the Plusnet CRT will pick this up for you.
pint
Aspiring Pro

Firmware update received ok, but now web browsing is exceedingly slow, pages not loading or taking a minute or more to load.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

@MisterW
That's a very interesting article, thanks for that.
As you can probably guess from my avatar I'm not a Windows person. So when I see soemthing like the TG582 updrade utility being windows only I tend to investigate alternatives. A lot of the kit out there tends to upgrade using TFTP and BOOTP, in fact i'm currently setting up a load of IP phones in the office and they all use it to udpate. I believe that, in reality, the TG Upgrade utility actually puts the router into BOOTP mode and then runs a TFTP daemon to upload the firmware.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion

Yes we did know Wink
@pint
Could you start your own thread with a comment about the upgrade and copy and paste the full xDSL stats in that thread (link in my sig), we'll see if we can discover what's happening.