cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet TG582n router & USB HDD NTFS support?

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: Plusnet TG582n router & USB HDD NTFS support?

The ntfs kernel module would only give you read-only support for ntfs, to read and fully write on ntfs the ntfs-3g userspace program is needed.
mcrossley
Grafter

I flashed 10.2.0.B into my TG582n, but it is still the Plusnet branded/locked down interface - I thought that firmware was generic?
I also checked the ftp file store, and there is no OEM file in there.
Cheers
Mark
prichardson
Grafter

The original download for 10.2 was a generic one used for our initial analysis of this. UK generic was supplied as this is widely used for stock UK manufacture, but also forms the base for the majority of UK builds (not strictly all UK builds).
The latest one we have available is a Plusnet UK firmware of 10.2 includes several Plusnet defaults defined, including the Plusnet chosen GUI functions, Plusnet branding, IPv6 disabled (but not removed, this can be enabled in the GUI but will not function on our network as of yet) and other pre-defined values needed to support our Easy-setup service.
We will be publishing more information on 10.2 in the coming weeks as we enter official trials, so look out for a post related to this.
There is no Plusnet Fibre firmware yet available for use and this supports only ADSL/2+ services at this point in time. It is unknown if we will proceed to service trials for FTTC as of yet, as the core firmware completely supports it and requires only interface and naming modifications. Small scale trials will likely take place though.
SuperSaiyan4
Grafter

Is there a way to change the 2.4ghz signal to the 5ghz enabling 300mbps? I have found since adding my Xbox 360 console which is wireless N that the network speed is now 65mbps instead of the 130mbps, even with auto it seems to not find the best channel in order to maintain optimal fast speeds...
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Don't know if this helps http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/technicolor-582n-wireless.shtml can't remeber if you can change the mode there. If not probably have to use a CLI command. There's lots of useful info in the link that was provided in your MTU thread.
You can download a pdf CLI guide here.
SuperSaiyan4
Grafter

Quote from: Anotherone
Don't know if this helps http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/technicolor-582n-wireless.shtml can't remeber if you can change the mode there. If not probably have to use a CLI command. There's lots of useful info in the link that was provided in your MTU thread.
You can download a pdf CLI guide here.

No sorry that didn't help.
Thing is ive tried every channel in the router for it to stay on 130mbps but it just wont looks like ill have to switch back to the home hub that I had with BT.