Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We won’t be beat on price

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: We won’t be beat on price

Trouble is Adam is you are entering a price war which you cannot win because the LLU ISP's will always be able to under cut you. It stands to reason by trying to compete on PRICE you will lose. However, competing on customer service you can win BUT you can't do both, We had all this with PlusNet a few years back and it cost customers in the end rather than gaining.
Quote from: _Adam_Walker_

We're not going anywhere I'm glad to say :)I can appreciate your scepticism George as I have worked for another ISP previous to being at Plusnet who went through what we're doing now in terms of advertising about 10 years ago and we did have some problems and things did unfortunately decline.
We are all aware at every level of the business of how important it is to maintain the balance of providing quality service and support whilst customer numbers increase, that's where our focus lies when it comes to making improvements to how we do what we do.
snozboz
Rising Star

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
If we'd have done as bad a job as the previous company I've referred to we'd have sunk by now.

My understanding of what you've said, _Adam_Walker_, is that your previous company launched a major advertisement drive which was bigger than they had done before. It then went through a period of decline, partly as a result of the effects of the advertisement drive (increased customer numbers, presumably), before disappearing as a company through amalgamation/takeover or whatever.  Am I right? Or does your use of the word now imply that the decline started before the advertisement drive?
How long after your previous company's big advertisement drive did the decline start, and how long did it take once the decline had started for the company to be taken over/amalgamated/disappear?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

The decline was very quick following the advertising campaign. I can't go into specific sales numbers but where as our current campaign isn't everyone's cup of (Yorkshire) tea we're certainly not seeing a downturn in sales.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
snozboz
Rising Star

In your previous company, are you really saying that their advertising campaign was immediately followed by a decine in sales?
I would expect any advertising campaign to be followed by an increase in sales if anything.
The problem is that a big increase in sales can cause problems; even assuming there is enough technical/network capacity (though it would be hard to predict the necessary increase), the customer support people will have to deal with an increase in number of issues to deal with - as a result, the quality of support and service drops for everyone not just any new customers (each issue is given less time, so quality of support and communication drops, and issues are not solved as effectively, so quality of service drops).
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm not going to give you an account of my exact experience with that company but the decline in sales followed the company having issues dealing with an initial influx.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
scootie
Grafter

http://www.plus.net/residential/broadband/pro.shtml
Yorkshire-based call centre, online and by phone

may have been answered all ready as I've not been about much lately, is it me or dose that imply you will get through to Sheffield CC every time or that you only have the one CC and thats in sheffield, hum in the past few months ive not been around you must of got rid of the south Africa CC or just handing out the local dial prefix number  Undecided
you have been cleaver with the wording covering your back when the customer gets through to SA.
please tell me with the local yorkshire adverts you are pasting on buses ect that you have turley gone back to being a local based isp
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

The SA Call centre was pulled a few weeks ago: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,90750.0.html
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

scootie
Grafter

claws up to that move then, not that i ever got to experience the SA CC as i used the local prefix number
higginsthomas
Dabbler

Confused I am
Just looked at the option of upgrading to Extra and the pricing states £11.49 per month for my line; up to 60gb download capacity,and no mention of it only being for 3 months etc etc as previous bloggers have mentioned
Does this mean that it will be just £11.49 per month with no increase in the forseeable future or have I missed something ?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

If you are in a Market 3 exchange then it stays at that
higginsthomas
Dabbler

No disrespect mate but if thats true - wot a cracking deal - all I need to know now is if I am truly blessed by being in a Market 3 exchange and not just for being a blades supporter
Can anybody confirm ?
Mand
Grafter

I'm not logged into the system at the moment so I can't look at your account, but stick your phone number in here and it'll tell you.
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

That link gives "XML error: Empty document at line 2"
pierre_pierre
Grafter

works OK for me
higginsthomas
Dabbler

Not being a technophobe that  is just gobledygook to me
All i want to know is will the price stay at £11.49 per month or go up after 3 months - can someone get back to me in next ten minutes as I am waiting to sign up
Simples !!