cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wireless keeps going out

N/A

wireless keeps going out

hi, ive got a D-Link 2740B - erm recently i caught a virus and formatted, now when i boot up my router the wireless works then the light goes out and so does the wireless, how can i fix this : (

help much appreciated
8 REPLIES
The_10th
Grafter

wireless keeps going out

Are you saying that you can connect to the internet wirelessly via the router from your PC but then the router switches off its wireless capability?
N/A

wireless keeps going out

yes, if i reboot the router the wireless comes back on but after abit the light turns off and the wireless network is no longer there but if i run a diagnosis test from the router page it says wireless is active
N/A

wireless keeps going out

hmm another odd thing ive noticed my router keeps timing out after say 3/4hours :/
The_10th
Grafter

wireless keeps going out

There is normally a setting on a router to stay connected or disconnect if idle after so many minutes, e.g. 180mins which may be what is happening.

I found that there has been a firmware update see this which has a manual for the product also at bottom of the page.
N/A

wireless keeps going out

yeah, i saw that early on as well - ive updated the firmware, somehow i think it has something to do with my ethernet card..ive tried a different set of drivers hopefully it fixes this issue, although this firmware allows me to change my mtu ...its still stuck at 1440 : (
N/A

wireless keeps going out

grr doesnt seem to be working, is it possible the router may be damaged?

ive tried the following:

*rebooting
*restoring factory defaults
*updating, downgrading firmware
*changing wireless settings
*changing NIC drivers
*Plugging router into another power socket
The_10th
Grafter

wireless keeps going out

What I find weird is that you say this happened after your PC was infected with a virus? Have you another router you can get hold of or another PC/laptop to try even to eliminate that if the Virus is behind this?
N/A

wireless keeps going out

no, but i did disconnect the router from my pc and just let it run on wireless alone, still no difference Cry