cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wireless help

N/A

wireless help

Iv currently got a 2 MB connection, using a usb fujitsu modem, and sharing the connection with my dads laptop downstairs.
Mums givin me grief now though and wants to go wireless. If i got the Netgear DG834PN (anybody want to reccomend anything different?) i would need to stop using the fujitsu? When i 1st got BB i bought a dynamode pci modem that wouldnt synch and im a bit worried about having trouble with the modem in this router.
Also abit worried about speed issues, although my speed has been rubbish this past week, its generally good with my wired setup, if i started having trouble with speed could i just use a wire from the router to my pc (wich is right next to the bt phone socket),to sort any speed issues out? and use wireless to my dads laptop downstairs? - speed shouldnt be an issue for him as he only uses the net for a bit of poker and the odd bit of surfing.

thanks
1 REPLY
N/A

wireless help

If the router is next to the pc there is no point having it on wireless just plug the cable in and use the wireless for the laptop. The chances are that there will be less issues with a router than a modem as it has its own CPU power supply etc and doesnt need the pc.