cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why this message

owlguard
Grafter

why this message

Hi,when im surfing theres sometimes a box comes up and tells me theres no internet connection available at the moment and if i want to read the info off line,to click work offline and the alternative is to click the retry button and its like e refresh of the page.My netgear router seems to be on ok and im still on the internet as far as i can see.Doesnt cause me any great problems but i just dont understand why its happening.Can anyone explain please.regards ray.p.s. it just happened when i tried to preview this message.
6 REPLIES
N/A

why this message

You need to work out if you do loose a connection or if this is a form of spyware. When it happens again keep the page open and open another tab or web browser and go to the router and see if it show you have a connection. Or you could open a cmd prompt and type ping www.plus.net and see if its alive.

If the router and ping show its connected then suspect a virus/spyware and scan your pc(I would scan it anyway).

Where does the message come form IE or something else?
rikmoncur
Grafter

why this message

I sometimes get this too. no spyware or virii etc.
can't say more.. i'm off to bed..
owlguard
Grafter

why this message

Thanks for help and advice,oh!can you tell me what ping means,as you can see 58 year old learner tyke but i do try.
regards ray.
N/A

why this message

ping 2 (pĭng)
n. A protocol that sends a message to another computer and waits for acknowledgment, often used to check if another computer on a network is reachable.

[p(acket) in(formation) g(roper).]
owlguard
Grafter

why this message

Thanks for the ping answer.
regards ray
grahambritten
Grafter

why this message

I've only started seeing this very occassionally since upgrading to IE7.

Just assumed it's a feature of IE7! :lol: