cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

router

superloon
Grafter

router

i hav a voyager105 and would like to go wireless i would hope it gives me more speed and it is wireless can any tell me which are the best ones out their thankyouHuh
9 REPLIES
Liam
Grafter

router

NB. This is a personal recommendation!!

But I like the Netgear kit, and am a particular fan of the DG834G.

We're actually selling it at a fairly respectable price at the moment on the PlusNet Shop : Link

Always been very reliable for me. Good signal strength and never a dropped connection.

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): URL shortened as it was stretching the page Tongue]
Alecto
Grafter

router

Just a personal view, but I don't think a Plusnet employee on the forum should be recommending goods from the Plusnet shop.

There are other suppliers who are cheaper, and with a better reputation for service, but a newcomer to the forum may(despite your disclaimer) simply follow your link and order the thing.
I can't believe that you would have recommended buying your router from Plusnet before you started going after a job there.
N/A

router

While I would agree with the choice of a Netgear, there is no doubt it can be bought elsewhere cheaper.

Plusnet £59.71 + £6.99 delivery = £66.70

Amazon £55.88 inc delivery >>link<<

And that is only one website I have checked.

Shop around for prices. Wink
Liam
Grafter

router

Fair enough.

I genuinely was quite impressed with the price of that, though. I needed one quick last week so spent £89.99 in PC World for the same thing. I thought the £60 mark was the going rate at the moment.
N/A

router

I would have to say - I'm far from comfortable with recommending that you buy from PN.

Although I'm sure most purchases go through without issue, I have read various accounts from people who have suffered a less than fabulous experience with the team at PN responsible for the online retail side of things.

That said, they were all some months ago, so perhaps things are OK there now.

I also have to agree with Geoff, I don't think Liam would have recomended buying from PN before he worked there. Thats not to say that he would have advised against it, but I don't think it would have been his first port of call!

Anyhow, conjecture about Liams integrity aside, I do have to agree with him that the Netgear line-up is very strong. For a few years I used a Netgear DG834G and found it to be a great piece of kit. Recently I upgraded to the Netgear DG834GT (for the larger coverage area) and again have been very satisfied with it.
superloon
Grafter

router

my phone line is in the hallway my pc is in my front room about 20 feet one door and a brick wall between will the netgear connect wireless without any probsHuhthx for the info guys Smiley
Community Veteran

router

just to say a modem/router doesn't guarantee better speeds than a USB modem; certainly didn't on my line; although of course there are plenty of other advantages
N/A

router

will the netgear connect wireless without any probsHuhSmiley

Should be fine. Smiley

Unless its a steel door and your wall is 20' thick. Tongue
superloon
Grafter

router

thx guys for all ur help ill order one monday cajef link was spot on once again cheers? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy