cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

repairing wireless connection automatically please help

N/A

I am really hoping someone can help me out here.
My pc is switched on all the time but sometimes my wireless connection is lost.
If i right click and repair my connection this always resolves it.
The question is does anyone know if there is a program out there that can detect when your wireless connection is lost and then repair it automatically.
This would be extremely helpful as sometimes i need to connect to my pc when i am away from home.
It has happened quite a number of times when i have forgotten to bring a typed document with me to work and when i log in to my pc it won't connect.
I have searched the internet for a program but can't find anything.
there's bound to be something out there that can do this surely.
here's hoping someone can help me here.
thanks for reading and any help given.
all the best
wayne
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Try using a Static IP address, and setting the DNS and gateway manually.

Also try removing all the preferred networks, under the wireless configuration.
I am on the desktop at the moment so can not give any pointers to how to get to that dialog box. If you get stuck, post back and I will boot up the laptop.

Chilly
N/A

cheers chilly
i am at work at the moment so will try when i get home.
It doesn't happen often its just my luck when its something important.
I use www.logmein.com to access my pc its totally free and i find it really handy.
if you have never used it you should give it a wee go.It all works through a web browser.
still would prefer a little bit of software though to save me mucking about with static ips and spending a lot of time trying to figure it all out.
Just to mention as well that i have the netgear dg834g and that my pc is upstairs and the router is downstairs . There are no other computers connected apart from the wireless conection upstairs.
oh and my signal strength is 54mbps and never drops below 36mbps when i check it.
thanks