cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

print server+wireless router

techgaget

Hi
Any body know of a good wireless router with printserver or a wired print server that can connect to one of the wired ports on a netgear wireless router.

thanks
6 REPLIES
zpeterk
Grafter

Linksys PSUS4-UK is good and is USB aswell so it prints abit quicker than parallel and it's a 4 port switch too
techgaget

Thanks for the info
Any one know of a unit that is both an adsl router/modem, with buit in usb print server. As this will cut down on the amount of mains plugs.
N/A

Try Draytek. www.draytek.com

I've got the Draytek Vigor 2800G http://www.draytek.com/product/adsl2plus/vigor2800G.php. It is the business. It's difficult for non-anoraks to get excited about something like this (and I consider myself to be a non-anorak), but prepare to get excited. A tad more expensive than the run of the mill stuff, but definitely worth it. The saying "you get what you pay for" couldn't be truer in this case.

Good luck!
grimme
Grafter

Have the 2600G, but could not get the USB print to work with a Canon 920d, so got a Belkin 2 port USB print server. It has a LAN port to connect to the wired port of the Netear router (They also do a Wireless version more recently and the wireless part turns off when its using the wired lan port).
Have since changed to a networked printer plugged directly into the Draytek.

HTH
N/A

I have a D-link 714P+ which has a print server built in for a parallel connection (laser printer connected to that), also plugged to this router I have a D-link DP301U USB printer server connected to a USB colour printer (but the two-way error messaging etc doesn't work through that).

The 714P+ doesn't have a built in modem, but I use a D-link 300G which is obviously very compatible with it all; I used to have a Zoom x4 but that need rebooting every 5 minutes. Not so with the D-link stuff, touchwood...
dgp
Grafter

I use a Linksys PSUS4-UK like zpeterk. It was cheap, easy to set up and is pretty reliable only occasionally needing a reboot. As a bonus it comes with a 4 port switch - I started with them all spare and now only have one free. I've used it with both a Netgear and a Linskys router and never had a problem. Only thing is being USB I found I had to attach the printer to each PC first to install the driver.