cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

port forwarding on PlusNet Broadband Premier - 2Mb DG834GT

tinkers

port forwarding on PlusNet Broadband Premier - 2Mb with a netgar dg834gt can anyone help me out since installing this router my download speeds in particular P2P have been terrible Cry . someone told me that i have to set up port forwarding but can find no reference to it in the manual, has anyone out there got a similar setup that works , if so i would be gratefull for any advice,or even better a screen cap of your router setup table.

seeya

tinkers Wink
8 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Hi,

I don't have that particular router myself, but PortForward.com should be able to help you.
Community Veteran

I'm not sure if the GT model is the same as the basic 834 but this is what I did for forwarding ports:

- Click on the services page and then click add custom service.
- Create a bittorrent service, specify a type of TCP/UDP and enter the from and to port range. Then apply it
- Click on firewall rules then click add
- Select the bittottent service from the drop-down list, select the action you want (I use always on) and the IP of the system you want to port forward to. Also set logs to never as your log will fill up very quickly and possibly cause instability. Then apply it.
- On the firewall rules page, click apply to save the change

Your port forarding is then activated. To stop it, untick the enable box and click apply.
sloany
Grafter

yup i have the GT and its exactly the same as the G
tinkers

thanks for the help and advice

Hi,

I don't have that particular router myself, but PortForward.com should be able to help you.

jon thanks for the link to PortForward.com the info here helped no end i recomend this site to any one experiencing any problems or just to get a better understaning of how it all works.

peter i did exactly what you said and it seemed to go okay but my torrent downloads are still so slow between 5-20k sec. up untill 2 weeks ago i was getting anything between 60-150k i have tried all sorts of speed tests including plusnets and i get on average 1.85 meg, all other downloads work fine, is anyone else having similar probs with torrent downloads.thanks for the help and advice so far.

tinkers
N/A

you could temporarily add a rule on your GT permitting all inbound connections (this will override the default 'Block All Always' profile) and see what your speeds are like then..
N/A

i have this exact problem also, speed tests show speed as would be expected but any sort of p2p downloads are pathetically slow and unless you can wait days on a download there is no point. i have tried many different things like port forwarding etc but to no avail....im assuming its down to traffic shaping?
N/A

Temporarily stick your PC in the DMZ (Advanced -> WAN setup ---> default DMZ server) and try your torrents then
N/A

i have tried what you suggested for a while now and it has made no difference Sad