cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

netgear wont sync?!?!?

N/A

netgear wont sync?!?!?

please can some help me. i have just brought a NETGEAR DG 834GT MODEM/ROUTER and for the life of me i can not get it to sync with my line, yet when i plug the line into my usb FUJITSU modem all works well, is there something i am missing. please someone help been trying to sought it out now for 2 days Cry Cry Cry
11 REPLIES
N/A

netgear wont sync?!?!?

Its one of the most simple routers to setup. When you plug it in you must not have any adsl device plugged in (even if its not connected)anywhere else in the house so make sure your modem is removed.

Secondly you wont get it to sync until you put in your username password have you done that?
Community Veteran

netgear wont sync?!?!?

The user/pass has nothing to do with the sync to the exchange. The router should sync without any user/pass setting.

to OP, did you go through the set-up wizard to automatically pick up the ADSL settings?

There is a small reset switch whole at the back, use a paper-clip to get at the reset switch and hold it in for 30 seconds while the router is powered on. This will reset the router back to factory defaults. Then go through the set-up wizard again and see if that fixes it.

Also make sure you have no phones connected without an ADSL filter. This also includes sky boxes and old style modems/faxes.
holdtight
Grafter

netgear wont sync?!?!?

I find the reset before installation is a must especially if you have purchased the router from a large pc store as they have so many returns where folks either purchased the wrong item or couldnt figure them out

The problem lies within the fact that all the returns they get if not returned for fault reasons are put straight back onto the shelves for re-sale even when they have been halfway or all the way through someone elses install process
Community Veteran

netgear wont sync?!?!?

Returned items should not be sold as new, once the packaging seals have been broken.

Also check that the box is sealed, and in the case of Netgear, the router should be a bag seal again with a tramper evident label.

Chilly
holdtight
Grafter

netgear wont sync?!?!?

Returned items should not be sold as new

No they shouldnt chilly but unfortunately ive seen it many times in my local area where ive been called because people couldnt work out how to setup there connections to find other peoples details within the setup of a new router

The common denominator in most but not all is our local large computer store where the employees are particularly useless (yes you know the one) several have insisted on taking them back and others just got on with it

Its a sad fact that they just dont care and even re-wrap them in store so the average punter wouldnt know any different, the only ones i see that have a label saying used or returned are those that have been opened with vigour and have a torn box or other marks
N/A

netgear wont sync?!?!?

thanks for all your swift answers but im sorry to say sorry no joy Cry. it was a brand new one seals were not broken, tried the reset switch, no joy. any other ideas!!!!!?
Community Veteran

netgear wont sync?!?!?

It could be bust, are you able to try it on some elses line?

Chilly
N/A

netgear wont sync?!?!?

If you can connect with a modem on your line then there isnt a problem with your line. When you say its not syncing what do you mean? If the light is on its shows the adsl is active if it flashes then its not connected because the username password or setting are wrong.

Can you see any error in the log or any indication in the status. Check its picked up ppoa as sometimes they find it as ppoe.
N/A

netgear wont sync?!?!?

hello there is nothing in the log. i mean that the adsl will connrct with and that the adsl light just flashes and not go solid green and stop flashing! Cry as of a while ago modem has gone to another house(i thought we needed time apart :lol: ) where, sods law, its working fine and has sync fine!!!! i just dont get it!!! :roll: :?
N/A

netgear wont sync?!?!?

Are you using your username in the form username@plusdsl.net?
N/A

netgear wont sync?!?!?

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy guess whatHuh? its all working, it turns out that the modem could not handle the speed!!! :shock: so a call to netgear later and still no joy, they told me to down load tne new firmware but no joy, so a few hours on google and i came across this http://dragonslight.altervista.org/ubergt/download.html its a rouge firmware if thats the right word but it works and well too. Wink thanks for all your help, now i'm of to see if i can get my speed increased Wink Cool