cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ned help connecting laptop belk with origo 8400 wired router

N/A

i got a new laptop and connected my wireless belkin router to my wired origo 8400 router which is connected to my pc,it worked the first day fine but then when i switched my laptop on next day i couldnt connect to the internet! also now i cant even get onto the belkin admin console on my laptop which i could when i first got it,the numbers are 192.168.2.1 and my origo router numbers are 10.0.0.2.

can anyone please help me as i dont know what to do,also im getting the message ip confllict on the laptop.
5 REPLIES
N/A

please help. Cry
N/A

First off we assume your laptop is getting its ip via dhcp from the router. So you need to ensur ethe routers are on before you turn the laptop on so it can get the ip.
Have you had the laptop on another network in the mean time?
once you have the laptop turned on see if you can connect as it may pick the ip up ok. if not got start/run and type cmd then press return.

In the dos window type ipconfig /all and see what it says it should have the router down as the default gateway ie 192.168.2.1 .
If it doesnt say that type ipconfig /release and then ipconfig /renew then see if the ipconfig /all and see if its changed if it wont connect then report back the results of the ipconfig /all
N/A

thanks mwright,it says default gateway is 192.168.2.1,dhcp server is 192.168.2.1,dns server is 192.168.2.1 and the ip address is 192.168.2.3

so what should i do now?
N/A

ok i just done the ipcongig /release thing and it says at the bottom 'no operation can be performed on local area connection while it has its media disconnected.

i then did the ipconfig /renew thing and it says this...

connection specific dnd suffix : belkin
ip address: 192.168.2.3
subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
default gateway is 192.168.2.1
N/A

Hi there,

As this issue is replicated by your thread in the CS forum, I am locking this thread to prevent confusion and duplication.

Please dont cross post.