cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

modem reccommendations

N/A

modem reccommendations

Cheesy Hi all, i want to change my bt voyager 105 modem as its a bit old, basically i want a modem thats faster/reliable and maybe wireless if possilble to take my 7mb connection. Any reccommendations/help would be much appreciated, thx all kind regards Cheesy Cheesy.
4 REPLIES
N/A

modem reccommendations

I am always loath to recommend something to someone, it can cause recriminations. Sad

However I have been using a Netgear DG834G router/modem for a couple of years now and find it excellent on ADSL max, easy to set up and so far problem free.

Plenty others here use them and seem happy with their performance.

Can be bought from Amazon for £55.88 inc delivery, plus you get a free WG111 Wireless USB adapter with it.

>>link<<
N/A

modem reccommendations

Cheesy Thx for the help, your advice is much appreciated, cheers m8 Cheesy Cheesy .
holdtight
Grafter

modem reccommendations

Yes i agree with cajef dont get another modem go for a router / modem much more stable and reliable

As said many here use the netgear stuff and seem very happy with it i have always used linksys routers and cards and never had a problem with them either

Recommending hardware is always tricky as different people prefere different makes so look at all the reviews for routers of which there are many if you google for it but you wont go far wrong by going with the netgear
N/A

modem reccommendations

Cheesy Thx for the advice aswell, will have a look around on google and see what i can see, might go for the netgear though as they do seem to get alot of thumbs up from other people on the forum, Cheesy .