cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

limited or no connectivity!!!!!!!!!!!!

N/A

I had a problem with my laptop a while ago that sounds similar. I found that the problem was to do with the built-in wired network port. As it was enabled, it was interfering with the wireless network card. Once I disabled the wired port everything worked fine.
2 REPLIES
N/A

I've just bought an Acer 1680 laptop with 802.11g and WPA. My router/modem is a Thompson SpeedTouch 580. i've downloaded all the latest patches and entered the required registry keys to prevent the dreaded LNOC. I've got a clean, new installation of XP SP2 all up to date and with no spyware. Winsock has been purged,I've got the right SSID entered in the configuration and encryption is temporarily disabled. Signal strength is excellent. The Windows firewall is disabled. DHCP is enabled. The default settings are entered into the router. The internet works perfectly on USB and Ethernet links.

WHY THE B*******G HELL DO I GET LIMITED OR NO CONNECTIVITY ON WIRELESS ONLY!!!!!!

The router (rotter?) won't pick up an IP address from DHCP. It generates an APIPA address (169.254.xxx.xxx) instead. If I set a static IP address, a connection is made (allegedly), but no packets are transferred in either direction.

I will confer an honorary knighthood on any person solving this problem. (Subject to HM's approval)

:? :?
N/A

u dont have mac address filtering turned on do u? if so then u need to add the mac address to the accept conncetiosn list Wink

if not set up the router to use static rather than dynamic ip addressing.

maybe one of the windows network services is mildly messed up, u havnt disabled anythig in services.msc have u?