cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant connect to internet on other computer

N/A

Hi
Just set up router and its working fine on both comps, but it wont let me connect to the internet on the one upstairs just keeps saying unable to establish a connection any ideas its probably something really simple but i have tried everything any ideas would be greatly appreciated :?
3 REPLIES
Slick
Grafter

make sure that the reciever/card is installed and the set it to set the ip address automaticly to which is a common mistake alot of ppl make.
maybe a little more info on router make/model mite help along with os.
N/A

The problem is the default gateway isnt set so it doesnt know were to go. On a pc that works open a cmd windows(start/run\cmd) type ipconfig /all note the ip address the subnet mask and the gateway(this will be the same address as the router)

On the one that cant connect set a fixed ip by adding 3 to the last number of the ip you just got, set the subnet the same and the default gateway add the plus nets dns and it should all work. So if the working pc is

10.0.0.1 subnett 255.255.255.0 default gateaway 10.0.0.2 then the one that doesnt work should be 10.0.0.4 subnet 255.255.255.0 default gateway 10.0.0.2 and then plusnets dns
N/A

Thanks for your help ive got new equipment coming today because i had wrong router Shockedops: will let you kniow how i get on thanks