cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

belkin surgemaster setup with netgear dg834 modem router.

owlguard
Grafter

belkin surgemaster setup with netgear dg834 modem router.

Hi,I got a new belkin surgemaster yesterday,its got ethernet connections on it and i through ignorance,have put my adsl line from the main bt box,into the input ethernet port on the surgemaster and then ive put the other wire from the outgoing ethernet port to my netgear router,so in effect,protecting everything i have through the belkin surgemaster.Now,i got belkin on this morning and a lady told me i didnt need to go through the main incoming bt box as belkin has its own system.The short of it is ive tried belkins way and it didnt work,when i took the adsl wire out from the main bt box and just put the telephone connection into the surgemaster tel in connection,the phone wouldnt work and there was no i light on the netgear router,i hope this wont damage my router but this is the only way my netgear works.Anybody any ideas please.Huh?Since i wrote this message i have spoken again to belkin and was told in effect i must have the latest bt main box into house,so thats the reason there surgemaster doesnt work as the belkin rep said it should,so he advised me,if it aint broke dont fix it.A bit strange but oh well.!