cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

another question..... not silly this time

anotherbob
Grafter

Have been using the new wireless whatsit for a week now. Laptop usually connects fine, wife browsing happily with no complaints. HOWEVER..... if I leave my PC (wired via the Ethernet socket) for a few hours and come back to it, the browser won't fetch anything! I've tried both IE6 and Firefox. I've tried telling the PC to hibernate instead of just leaving it, but still nothing. The Netgear Router Status page claims it's connected, and sure enought the laptop works OK, but I have to restart my PC to get going again. I've run Ad-Aware, C-Cleaner and all that stuff. Anybody any ideas?Huh
2 REPLIES
holdtight
Grafter

Not entirely sure but you could try going to device manager the easiest route for this is control panel - system - hardware

open up the properties of your network adapter and make sure theres no tick in the box labeled "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

Im not sure if it is related to your problem or not but ive seen similar happen with USB devices when theres a tick in the same power managment box so its worth a try

Bill.
N/A

I used to have the same thing happen with my laptop. I did one of the following

Pull the plug and reinsert it
Click on internet conection and disconnect then connect
lastly a restart Cheesy