cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wonderful...

LiamM
Grafter

Wonderful...

No doubt there will be an Openzone hotspot at Heathrow airport. I'm off to LA next month. Smiley

Do agree it is very very poorly presented. Doesn't have it's own section, can only access it through the ads and the button on the homepage. FAQs are a bit confusing and generally it's all a bit hickledy - pickeldy. I'm sure in time it will be refined and revised though.

Also, what is it about not supporting a PDA? Why exactly is this? I have an O2 XDA IIs with Integrated Wi-Fi and have used an Openzone Hotspot before. Therefore I am just signing up anyway and assuming it will work fine. Hopefully this wont confuse people that it's a home broadband product either.

EDIT : Just had a thought, the picture of the tree seems a bit far fetched to me. You're unlikely to get Wifi anywhere like that.
4 REPLIES
N/A

Wonderful...

what is it about not supporting a PDA? Why exactly is this

Most ISPs will say "we do not support linux", yet it does not mean there services will not work with Linux machines.

It is normaly a case of "Be aware, it may or may not work. If ti doesn't and you are billed for time online, we may not refund those costs".

Many ISPs also say they don't support networks. Mainly becuase there are so damned many different combinations of configuration.
LiamM
Grafter

Wonderful...

Yeah, thats exactly what I thought. Hence signed up anyway. But I don't see why it shouldn't work on a PDA, obviously as long as it has an Internet Browser and a Wifi card. If you're an advanced enough user to have a PDA, in my opinion, you should be able to connect it to a wireless network.
N/A

Wonderful...

Hi there,

Exactly right. It should work on your PDA, this is not put on the website because we can't guarantee it or support it.

Regards,

Rich
N/A

Wonderful...

Hi There

Just to clarify, the menus on our site at the moment run on Java and as such will not work on a PDA. So you will not be able to get to our walled garden and as such will not be able to use the service via a PDA in the current implementation of this service.