cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless

N/A

Wireless

I have 2 PC's, I'm think about buying a Linksys WAG54G-UK from PC World (on Line For £80).
Any comments on this would wellcome please, also my son want to play games online would this system slow his connection down, last of all is it possable to just connect his PC up to a phone, rather than network the 2 PC's, what i mean is have 2 PC's connect at the same time on the phone line :?
5 REPLIES
N/A

Wireless

Community Veteran

Re: Wireless

rather than network the 2 PC's, what i mean is have 2 PC's connect at the same time on the phone line :?

Not at the same time, as the ADSL will not sync. You will need to uplug one of the modems, to allow the other to use the phone line.

Chilly
N/A

Wireless

I wouldn't buy a wag54 for love or money lots of people having problems with dissconnections on wireless side. Got rid of mine for the same problems and bought a Linksys WRT54g. Not one dissconnection in 6 months
N/A

linksys

Buy from "nick knows" website it's cheaper. I have a linksys router/modem and network cards and have 2 computers connected to plusnet broadband at the same time.
N/A

Wireless

Be advised that getting the WAG54g will give you FTP upload troubles unless you use flash upgrade it to a beta version which will cure the FTP issues.