cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless speed drop Voyager 2110

N/A

Is there any way to get a faster connection using wireless? I have 2mb but adslguide says I am only reaching 1mb on my wireless which has made me feel sad! Incidentally, now the modem is configured, can I just switch to a network cable and get my full speed?
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Are you sure your router is syncing at 2Mbs (2272Kbs)?

Check checking in case you think if you have broadband up to 2Mbs that this means you wil get 2Mbs speeds.

You could try a wired connection and see if it is any faster.

What type of wireless (speed) are you using 802.11a, b or g and what speed is the connection being reported as?

How many other wireless networks are there in your area, if a lot, have you tried using a different chanel number as those other netyworks may be interfering with yours by using the same channel number and slowing both network speeds down.
N/A

It is 802.11g and shows as 54mbps. How do I actually check if t is synching at 2mb? Thanks for your reply.
holdtight
Grafter

Im not familiar with that router but you should be able to access the setup webpage with 192.168.1.1 or similar where you will find a status page

Its the page you first went into when setting up the router this is where it will give you your line stats and synch speed