cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless printing

dsmail
Grafter

Wireless printing

I have a very simple home wireless system.

Belkin wireless router is cabled to destop PC which has Epson printer (not wireless) attached and working.

HP laptop obtains internet access wirelessly from same router.

See, very simple!

I need to print from laptop to Epson printer attached to destop and I've read endless guides on how this should be so simple and only a 5 minute setup - I get nowhere!!

Is anyone able to help me through this or point to a resource that can sort me out. I've almost given up!

Please let me know if particular model numbers of kit would help - I'm not at home as I write this so don't have that info to hand.
Thanks Dave
2 REPLIES
N/A

Wireless printing

I assume you have XP and the pc's can see each other.
On the one with the printer go to the printers ie start settings printer. Right click on the print and choose sharing tick share this printer.

On the laptop goto printers again and click add a printer choose a network printer and you should see it click on it and the jobs done.
Some times it wont show up unless you logon to the other pc with a network drive. To make life simple on both pc have an account with the same username and password and logon with that on both pc when you do this.

If that doesnt work we need to know
1 can both pc see each other
2 any firewalls
3 can you share files
4 can you browse for the printer but not see it?
dsmail
Grafter

Wireless printing

Thanks for the advice. When I get home I'll give it a go and post back.

Dave