cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless hotspots- does Plusnet have any partners?

frusher
Dabbler

Folks

I am thinking that a while ago if you were a Plusnet customer you could use one of the wireless connectivity 'hotspot' providers and have the fees billed back to your Plusnet account.

I am increasing in need of using such a service and wondered if;

a. My memory is failing and Plusnet never offered such a service

b. Plusnet do partner with someone (The Cloud, BT Openzone) and what people's experiences are of the wireless service.

c. Anyone use anyone else..

Any thougths or experiences would be great.

Ta

Chris
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

yup, you can still do this - IIRC it's through BT OpenZone...

Also I'm moving this to the wireless broadband forum where it's more appropriate.
Community Veteran

As Daniel said PlusNet have partnered with BT Openzone, so that you can use their hotspots.

But be careful, you can only use BT Openzones own hotspots, BT Openzone themselves have partnered with `The Cloud` but these hotspots are not open to PlusNet customers.

This effective limits coverage to high end Hotels and McDonalds restaurants.

Chilly
MrToast
Grafter

I too find myself in the market for Hot Spots and thought I'd suggest it to PN as I see other ISP's are offering it.

Sad to see PN do offer it but so quietly I hadn't noticed until I looked for an appropriate forum...!

The per minute deal for occasional use looks like a good point to start. However, for any of the subscriptions I might as well go to Openzone direct and get better value and the alliance of locations which includes international roaming.

So to PN: Can I ask you to look at your Hot Spot product and see if it can be improved to include the same (or better?) range of locations as BT?