cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless access at Travel Inns

culduthel
Dabbler

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but does anyone know if it is possible to use my PlusNet DSL account to access the internet at a Travel Inn, rather than paying £3 for 2 hours access via Swisscom?

My laptop is wireless enabled and I have paid the £3 to connect to Swisscom in the past which works fine.

Ta
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

You can only connect to a BT Openzone hotspot and only then if you have a wireless broadband account. A normal broadband account cannot be used for wireless access if that is what you have.

It sounds like Travel Inn have a deal with Swisscom to supply their wireless network which will not be compatible with your PlusNet wireless product. The only possible option is if there is also a BT Openzone hotspot near enough for you to connect to.

See the wireless Broadband FAQ here.
N/A

£3 for 2 hours is very good value. PN will cost you nearly 3 times that.
Community Veteran

For anyone else reading this, Its cheaper to purchase your Swisscom access from the reception of a Travel Inn, that on-line direct from Swisscom. (or it was last time I checked.)

From the price your paying culduthel I see you already know this.

Also 24 hour access is £10

Sorry that shows that my company hotel policy is Travel Inn.

Chilly
culduthel
Dabbler

Thanks for the replies. £3 it is then.

Sitting in a cafe in Belgium writing this. Free, wireless BB for anyone who wants it, no account required! This is the life!!