cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless File Sharing

N/A

Wireless File Sharing

Hi all,

Recently purchased a Netgear DG834G and its all setup ok on my PC (at the moment connected via network cable). Both the laptop and PC are on Win XP Pro, laptop has 802.11g built in and settings on router set to channel 11 and g or b settings.

Ive setup the wireless settings and have a working connection on my centrino laptop. What i want to do though is set it up so i can see the PC and Laptop and share files and printers etc.

I tried to run the home network setup wizard but strange thing is that on my laptop i dont have the "setup home network wizard" option in control panel or my network places - i only have the "setup wireless home network wizard" option. (on pc i have both icons)

Has anyone else set this up??

The other problem im having is that my wireless connection on the laptop is always 11mbps whilst i thought it should connect at 54mbps (this is even when right next to router so no signal problems). Its not really a problem as doesnt affect speed but if it should be 54mbps im wondering whether im doing something wrong.
4 REPLIES
N/A

Wireless File Sharing

Setting up a wirless network for filesharing can be quite involved as you need to get quite a few things right. I suggest having a read of the following support article, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;870702, then you maybe able to identify where things are going wrong and maybe come back to ask for more advice.
holdtight
Grafter

Wireless File Sharing

The correct link for that article is Here
N/A

Wireless File Sharing

Thank you Holdtight. Normally I check my posted links but one of the occasions when I don't it is a dud. Evil
holdtight
Grafter

Wireless File Sharing

No probs mate ! that will be sod and his law again Wink he gets about you know