cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Drop out!

N/A

Wireless Drop out!

Hello! I was wondering if anyone could help me.

I have a the BTVoyager 2110 modem for about 4mths and everything was fine up until recently.
For some reason the connection keeps dropping out and saying that there is no wireless network, or my connection speed suddenly drops to about 1MB and I cant view any websites. It also wont let me access my modem via the net page. Everytime I try to repair the connection it never connects to the network. Or it says I'm connected but the page will not display and when I can access my voyager home page I have to connect it there when it works. In the end I have to restart my computer which is such pain.

Can anyone understand this? :?

Thanks!
8 REPLIES
N/A

Wireless Drop out!

I'll be watching this with interest because I have similar problems..it's such a pain. I wonder whether the router is just naff ...but I'm sure net plus would not have recommended it!? I suspect there be sorting it all out for us shortly!

John Scotchmer
N/A

Wireless Drop out!

I dont have a BT Router .. (Netgear) .. 3pcs one in each of the kids rooms + notebook ...

I have no probs but the front upstairs used to have a very week signal .. till I went to maplins .. they sell external airials ... which have 3 mtr lead and increased gain ... noticed when fitted this by moving only a couple of feet from the main wall and on top of unit (up 3ft).. now get excelent signal in all mrooms
N/A

Wireless Drop out!

Thanks Hamer.

I dont think its my signal that goes down. Usually the signal will say Very Good - excellent (the modem is downstairs and the pc in upstairs). What happens is I'll be happily browsing away and the connection drops. Signal strength is still good but connectivity is down. I'll click repair connection and it will say connected but I'm not. I cant even access the router from IE to connect there.
The only thing I can do at this point is restart my computer.

Its not so much the signal strength...
N/A

Wireless Drop out!

i seem to be having the exact same problem. Excellent signal, etc etc but no internet access. What can possible be the problemHuh its so infuriating.
N/A

Wireless Drop out!

Thanks Hamer.

I dont think its my signal that goes down. Usually the signal will say Very Good - excellent (the modem is downstairs and the pc in upstairs). What happens is I'll be happily browsing away and the connection drops. Signal strength is still good but connectivity is down. I'll click repair connection and it will say connected but I'm not. I cant even access the router from IE to connect there.
The only thing I can do at this point is restart my computer.

Its not so much the signal strength...

My router is outside in the extension .. with the hi gain antenna next to the roof

when i had it in the kitchen .. the microwave and the INT TV transmitter reciever (also in the kitchen and 2.4Ghz) used to loose connection ..

Also had to change the channel of the router or the pcs upstairs lost connection when my son changed the channel on the sky box (through the transmitter)

might be worth checking if any other devices may be interfering .. or another router close by

I also have all my systems IPs manually configured .. (only set the notebook to Automatic when out)

Another area worth looking at is any software firewalls IE Norton personal firewall and mcaffee (set the router IP as trusted)
N/A

Wireless Drop out!

What I dont understand is, it was working perfect up until Dec. I get Excellent signal but not connecting to the internet even though running my mouse over the connection in the panel shows it is connected.

It started with me having to go into my router to connect, then after a while even that wasnt working it just says no page to display (even though sometimes MSN msger is still functioning).

The router is in exactly the same place as it has always been since I first set it up. Its just suddenly started acting up... It is most irritating...

I cant think of anything interfering with it. It sits right at the bottom of stairs away from the microwave, we havent got a skybox. I dont know what else it could be...

Configuring IP addresses.....Dont know how to do that I'm still a newbie!
N/A

Wireless Drop out!

I posted this on the Netgear forum after having major disconnection issues over recent months and had tried everything to try and sort it out with no luck.

Anyway, I read about MTU settings and downloaded DrTCP. I then noticed there was a load of entries in the 'Adapter Settings' drop-down list. I searched through the registry for these entries and found numerous network connection (current ones as well as old ones).

So I deleted all of them and XP must've re-created all the legitimate ones.

Anyway, my connection hasn't dropped for over 12 hours, which is unheard of recently.

May just be a coincidence, but it seems to have done the trick.

Anyhow, if you want to know which registry entries I deleted, let me know.
--
Regards
Ripperoo
N/A

Wireless Drop out!

Thanks ripperoo. How do you that? It been quite good actually with the drop out but then again I havent been using the internet much recently but my brother reports the problem all the time.
If you could kindly let me know what reg entries you deleted that would be great. As I dont know much about the reg I tend not to touch it but if you pc is still running fine it would help loads if I can sort out this dropout thing.

Thanks,
Lilp33gle