cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do you want a credit card number?

N/A

I'm an existing ADSL customer so surely if choose to sign up for the free trial then when it ends you will start adding the 7p per min charges to my existing Plus-net account.

So why, as an existing customer, do I have to provide a credit card number to sign up?

Thanks

Alan
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

So they can verify your identity to use the service and that you have a means to pay once the trial finishes. What if someone signed up and started spamming everyone?

It is also up to you to say you no longer want to use the service prior to the end of the free trial or you will start being charged for it. It's states this somewhere in the trial information.
N/A

...but I'm already a customer with an account you can charge

My point was that I'm existing customer with an existing account to which you can make charges.

Why do you need credit card details again? Will you be making wireless charges direct to my credit card, separately from my ADSL account?

Thanks

Alan
LiamM
Grafter

A good point imo.

It should only ask for payment information when not logged into the portal - and for new accounts only. Similar to how the Broadband Order pages detect you're logged in and force you to upgrade rather than order a new connection.

You already have billing details for Customers, and you say the billing is all going to be integrated so you only get 1 bill / 1 charge.
Community Veteran

Re: ...but I'm already a customer with an account you can ch

My point was that I'm existing customer with an existing account to which you can make charges.

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood what you were asking. Shockedops:

I see your point now. It's possibly because for the trial, there is a separate sign-up and the 'integrated' billing may not be done until the trial is over when people are switched to the proper pay for products.
N/A

OK - thanks for clearing that up(nt)

no text.