cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Wireless Router?

N/A

Which Wireless Router?

I've just joined plusnet and am looking to buy a wireless router so that two laptops in our family can access the web at the same time, one uses 802.11b the other 802.11g. Can anyone recommend a well performing and reliable router to fit the bill?

Thanks
10 REPLIES
N/A

Which Wireless Router?

Hi,

I would very strongly recommend a Netgear DG834G. Quality, price and performance are all superb features of this router. It is a gift to set up and coverage through walls is superb.

For an independent and comprehensive review, see here.
N/A

Which Wireless Router?

I was thinking of buying a Netgear DG834GT, but I have seen from some web comments that the Netgear DG834G is actually more reliable, do you know whether this is correct?
N/A

Which Wireless Router?

Hi

Yes, there is some evidence that the G is more reliable and has a better transmission output than the GT. Unless you need to transfer a lot of data across your local network very quickly and often, I would stick with the G.
LiamM
Grafter

Which Wireless Router?

I have the DG834G and love it. Best router ever made imo.
Ajtame
Grafter

Which Wireless Router?

I hear the new Speedtouch 716g is very impressive, at the moment its next on my xmas list Smiley
N/A

Which Wireless Router?

DG834G Cheesy

£63 two weeks ago from amazon.co.uk with free postage and free usb wireless adapter. (Wg111v2)
N/A

Which Wireless Router?

Had my DG834G since last Christmas, £45 on offer a PC World Cheesy . Haven't had any problems with it and the reception through walls is very good. Can be tempermental when it is very humid, but I think any Wi-fi network would be.
N/A

Which Wireless Router?

Thanks everyone, I ordered the DG834G and installed it within 10 mins - a real breeze. Flashed the firmware to the latest version, it works a treat and seems to get a good signal all over my house.
N/A

Which Wireless Router?

Excellent. Enjoy. Smiley
LiamM
Grafter

Which Wireless Router?

And I'll second that. My DG834G is one of the best pieces of kit I've ever bought.