cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAG54G - PLEASE HELP

N/A

WAG54G - PLEASE HELP

I have just bought a Linksys WAG45G & WUSB5G.
1 PC downstairs & 1 PC upstairs.
I have installed the WAG54G, and I had to install a Lan card because my old b/band modem card only had a phone line connection.
After doing this i get 2 moniter signs in the taskbar saying local area connection 3 is connected, but i cannot get onto the net.
I left my old b/band modem still installed in my PC, should I have removed it ?
I have entered all the basic set ups VPI & VCI, Multiplexing, etc.
Could it be AccessRunner DSL, should i delete all.
anybody please help :?
9 REPLIES
N/A

not sure exactly what you have set up.....

not sure exactly what you have set up.....but I assume one of thePCs is wireless, one not ?

Anyway, basically the 2 PCs need to connect into the WAG54G. This can be done by a cat5 cable connection or by wireless - in which case you need to set up with wireless connections in the WAG54G (SSID, WEP keys, etc)..

The WAG54G then connects direlctly to your DSL connection - there are settings in the WAG54G you then need to set up to access your plusnet DSL.

Without more detail, it's hard to diagnose the problem.....
N/A

WAG54G - PLEASE HELP

My PC downstairs is connected to the WAG54G by cat 5 cable and phone line, the up stairs PC is not yet connected with the WUSB54G.
The problem is i have set up the WAG54G as per instructions but still can not access the internet.
have looked in the tools/ internet options/ checked connections and never dial a connection is ticked.
AccessRunner DSL (default).
I think the problem is my Wag54G can not see my ISP :?
suec45
Grafter

WAG54G - PLEASE HELP

IE>Tools>Internet Options>Connections>LAN Serttings> TICK Automatically detect settings.

Input a site such as google into the IE adress bar , press return, and give it a minute to dial the adsl connection.

Should fix it.
N/A

WAG54G - PLEASE HELP

Can you get to the web via either machine?

What does the router say about your connection; it should report the general status and the upstream/downstream speeds...
N/A

WAG54G - PLEASE HELP

does the internet led light up green on the front of the wag54. Is it solid green or flashing. It should be solid saying you are connected. On the Wag status page it should tell you that you are connected and the IP that has been assigned to the WAG from plusnet. I just followed the quick set up guide and it works.
N/A

WAG54G - PLEASE HELP

I had the same problem when I first connected my WAG54G router. Contacted PN customer support for help, the rep talked me through the setup, all was correct (basically accept the default configuration with your own user name and password. He got me to connect to the standard BT speed test site and then to another BT test site then finally back to PN and hay prestow got a connection, been OK since. The rep said it is a known problem. Try connecting to the BT site and then back to PN see how you get on. You should have a green power, Ethernet, Wireless G, DSL and Internet Light to be operating correctly.

Steve
N/A

WAG54G - PLEASE HELP

Thanks all, sorry i have'nt replyed to any of you, problem is fixed now, silly me i was putting the wrong isp password in Shockedops: , all is fine now Cheesy .
N/A

WAG54G - PLEASE HELP

Please can anyone help me,
I also have a just purchased a WAG54G and input my settings but the the DSL light flashes red as it is trying to connect and then fails and the internet light stays constantly on red. I cannot see a contact no for PS and it looks like they might charge me for doing a query.
Regards.
suec45
Grafter

WAG54G - PLEASE HELP

If both lights are always red , then this means it cant find a ADSL connection on your phone line.

Check that your line is ADSL enabled and that you have the filter plugged in before the wire goes into your phone socket.

Then check with PN that your line is working OK.

After you have done this and if its still not working them come back and create your own thread descrining the problem and what you have done.

Of course it is possible thre router itself is faulty.

I have a WAG54G working great with PN in a big htick walled house. (aluminium pie dishes work great for boosting the signal thru these 2 feet thick 500 year old walls ! Cheesy )