cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using hotspots

curati
Grafter

Using hotspots

I've been looking into using hotspots around manchester and london.

As a newbie to this market I was wondering what others experiences had been. I've been looking at the deal that plusnet has with bt and although the pricing seems reasonable (i don't mind paying 8p a minute) the fact that these minutes run out in a week seems a little off puting for someone who is only just testing the water.

At the moment I think I'd only want to check email every now and then and paying 4 quid I want to do that seems excessive.

What do you think?
4 REPLIES
N/A

Using hotspots

First of all you can only use btopenzone hot spots on the 8 p per minute deal.

It is usually a Tmobile or Cloud hotsot you find.

So it is much better to use a btopenzone pay as you go account at 20p a minute and be able to use the other companies hot spots.

Watch ebay for cheap openzone vouchers. I got a number of 1 month vouchers for £1. Recently a pile of 1 hour and 24 hours vouchers for less rhan a pound each so useful and also good for xmas presents.
curati
Grafter

Using hotspots

what did you search for on ebay?

I like that idea very much.
N/A

Using hotspots

The other drawback to the 8ppm system is that it doesn't always work. I used it successfully while delayed at Bristol Airport, but the next time I tried to log on, at Kings Cross station, I could get to the PN payment page but it wouldn't accept my username and password.
drumtochty

Using hotspots

Search for openzone. Nothing at the moment but give it a few days.